Nokia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nokia in pictures
Microsoft Research is shutting down its Mountain View, Calif., facility as part of a move that included a reported 2,100 more layoffs throughout the company.
By Tim Greene | 19 September, 2014 08:28
Samsung has partnered with Nokia to bring navigation service Here to its new smartwatch and Galaxy Android phones.
By Loek Essers | 29 August, 2014 22:54
It's been nearly four years since Microsoft first released Windows Phone, and what it has gotten after many millions of dollars in development and marketing costs, plus its $US7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia, is this: a worldwide smartphone market share of less than 3 per cent. And that number has been going down, not up.
By Preston Gralla | 29 August, 2014 21:35
Opera Software and Microsoft have struck a deal to replace Nokia's Xpress browser with Opera Mini on Microsoft's dying line of feature phones.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 August, 2014 02:46
Less than a day after the HTC One (M8) for Windows went on sale "exclusively" on Verizon Wireless, AT&T also said it will carry the new smartphone, too.
By Matt Hamblen | 21 August, 2014 05:24
Microsoft decision to ax the feature phone business it got when it bought Nokia's handset business for $7.2 billion shows the investment 'went for naught.'
By Gregg Keizer | 22 July, 2014 06:16
Microsoft is expected to launch an update to its Windows Phone platform to version 8.1 at its annual Build developer conference on Wednesday, followed by a separate Nokia event later in the day, reportedly to announce two phones running the new OS.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2014 06:34
Will Microsoft hold on to Nokia's three new X phones on Android once the deal to buy Nokia is final in the coming weeks? Three analysts attending the Mobile World Congress gave three different perspectives.
By Matt Hamblen | 24 February, 2014 17:46
Nokia's three new Android smartphones -- the X, X+ and XL -- could prove to be the biggest lesson for the smartphone industry at the 2014 Mobile World Congress.
By Matt Hamblen | 24 February, 2014 12:21
Nokia's disclosure today of weak Lumia sales last quarter has put Microsoft's devices strategy in the hole even before it finalizes the acquisition of the Finnish firm, analysts said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 January, 2014 20:49
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Cultivating customer loyalty today is more challenging than in the past. This paper explains why creating closer customer relationships depends on master data management. • Customers today expect all of your attention, instant access to information, and a uniform brand experience • If you can get fast access to data and respond quickly and correctly, results can include closer customer relationships and fierce loyalty • With MDM, an organization that lacked a single trusted view can instantly respond in real time, take advantage of opportunities, avert problems before they escalate
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
- AUSTRAC upgrades data capture systems to track terrorism financing
- Queensland speed cameras to get digital upgrade
- Larry Ellison's best zingers: a look back
- Samsung drops Knox prices and introduces Knox user portal
- Mysterious entity acquires TwitPic, saving it from death
- Report: Bad communication among defense agencies makes China hacks more dangerous
- Alibaba's IPO could be 'open sesame' for global expansion
- Microsoft boards-up research lab amid more layoffs
- Future spacesuits could act like protective second skin
- Virginia Tech researchers devise traffic app to rival weather apps
- Lens-less camera, costing pennies, brings vision to the Internet of Things
- SAP buying Concur for $8.3 billion to boost cloud portfolio
- iOS 8 gets off to sluggish start
- GE to use crowdsourcing and 3D printers to build next-gen appliances