norman - News, Features, and Slideshows
Blue Coat Systems today announced it has acquired anti-malware firm Norman Shark for an undisclosed price, in order to integrate its technologies, such as sandboxing, into other security products available through Blue Coat.
By Ellen Messmer | 18 December, 2013 06:36
Feedly today switched on its own RSS API and service, divorcing itself from the soon-to-be-dead Google Reader.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2013 20:05
Feedly said Monday that it has started migrating its users to its own back-end RSS infrastructure two weeks before Google is to pull the plug on its Reader service.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 June, 2013 14:18
Apple is expected to debut a revamped iOS on Monday, featuring a "flatter" design that, if not done properly, could be a step backward in usability, a pair of user interface (UI) experts said.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 June, 2013 13:21
Feedly, the free RSS service that has been the safe harbor for millions of Internet refugees fleeing the soon-to-be-defunct Google Reader, announced Monday that several popular RSS apps will access its API free of charge.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2013 11:00
Analysts are pondering just what Microsoft might do with the Android-variant smartphone Nokia has under development: Keep it or kill it.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 December, 2013 18:13
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Organizations across the globe are finding disaster recovery increasingly important for a number of reasons. This white paper explains how virtualization technology can solve the cost vs. time dilemma traditional data recovery solutions pose, enabling organizations to quickly and cost effectively recover all server workloads.
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year
- Google teams with GoPro in broad virtual reality push
- Long-time leaker pegs July RTM for Windows 10
- Google's Android M to include Android Pay, faster charging and Doze power management
- Good luck with the new mobile strategy, Mozilla
- New Nvidia streaming box supports 4K, could give Android TV a lift
- Google's Project Brillo is an OS for the home -- and a lot more
- Google Photos offers unlimited free cloud storage for photos and video
- Google takes another swing at payments with Android Pay
- At Google I/O, the Internet of Things gets a new OS
- IBM pitches analysis software for select industry verticals