NV - News, Features, and Slideshows
Application delivery controller manufacturer A10 Networks rolled out new hardware, pricing and connectivity with a range of SDN and cloud services today, in an announcement that serves to underline the company's recent recovery.
By Jon Gold | 28 January, 2014 14:58
Google has announced the formation of the Open Automotive Alliance, a coalition of automakers working to adapt the Android OS for in-car connectivity. If the name sounds familiar, it's because it's a variation of the Open Handset Alliance, which Google formed in 2007 alongside a more than a dozen other tech companies to develop open standards for mobile devices, which led to Android's eventual dominance of the mobile OS market.
By Colin Neagle | 06 January, 2014 21:22
An expert panel at SC13 Tuesday said that solving the issues posed by modern memory technology will prove key to achieving exascale performance in supercomputing – but there was little agreement on the road map needed.
By Jon Gold | 20 November, 2013 15:08
In a little booth tucked in the corner of the SC13 supercomputing conference here this week may be the next Intel.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 November, 2013 23:10
The top executives leading Cisco's OpenStack efforts today said customers can run the open source cloud computing platform with its Unified Computing System (UCS) and Nexus hardware devices, and that the company will provide advanced support to help customers deploy OpenStack clouds.
By Brandon Butler | 04 November, 2013 18:10
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- MYOB's engineers speed innovation with microservices
- ATM skimmers strike in Queensland
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- A/NZ telcos to build $86.3 million trans-Tasman submarine cable
- 'Managed cloud' a return to Rackspace's roots, says CTO
- IBM pushes hard into the enterprise cloud
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Human error root cause of November Microsoft Azure outage
- Uber envisions a safer ride in 2015
- Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
- The party's over for Microsoft CEO Nadella
- Microsoft and IBM keep the pressure on Amazon's cloud
- Cloud provider pits 6TB hard drives in real-world face off
- 4 top Android Wear watches: A hands-on guide
- Chinese Android phone maker hides secret backdoor on its devices