online safety - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
By Lucian Constantin | 01 July, 2015 01:19
Many commercial software companies and enterprise in-house developers are churning out applications that are insecure by design due to the rapid and often uncontrolled use of open-source components.
By Lucian Constantin | 16 June, 2015 22:00
Adobe Systems fixed 13 security issues in Flash Player that could lead to serious attacks, including remote code execution and information disclosure.
By Lucian Constantin | 10 June, 2015 05:01
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
By Lucian Constantin | 05 June, 2015 01:03
Summer vacation is in full swing in large parts of the Northern Hemisphere, and it's time for parents to talk to their teenagers about staying safe during the extra hours they will spend online, three online safety experts said.
By Grant Gross | 08 July, 2009 03:45
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Many firms are acutely aware of the costs and risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices and while mobility initiatives, including bring your own device (BYOD), are gaining popularity, IDC has discovered that many firms do not have adequate protection, recovery policies or tools in place to manage their ever-increasing volumes of data. Read why IDC believes the need to protect sensitive data residing on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices is more critical than ever and how CommVault Edge can meet end user demands by delivering a solution that is secure and allows users access to their data anywhere and at any time.
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $890 million
- iiNet to deliver cloud services to SA government agencies
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- NBN issues quarterly construction update
- Parrot MiniDrones are equipped to hover, race and float on water
- Watch as we follow Google's new self-driving car
- Despite Apple Watch, Fitbit is still in the race
- Facebook tests a new way to show video - and make money from it
- VPN users, beware: You may not be as safe as you think you are
- NASA readies test for first Mars airplane
- Intel's first Skylake chips coming in first week of August
- Another fiber optic cable severed by vandals, slowing west coast Internet
- FCC tells TracFone it must allow phone unlocking
- Microsoft's Office 2016 preview gets real-time editing in Word and more