packet sniffing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Network downtime is an inescapable fact for networks of all sizes, and all the prevention and detection tools in the world won't allow analysts to quickly solve the problem. What's needed are tools that will pinpoint the root cause of the problem and determine the appropriate steps to solve it. This isn't to say that protection and detection tools aren't necessary. Obviously they are an important part of overall network health, but they should be a part of the solution, not THE solution.
By Tim Nichols, VP, global marketing, Endace | 16 November, 2012 21:42
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Following an almost decade-long documentation of a company transitioning to cloud computing, this whitepaper provides access to a series of IT Audits which have found the new operating model for offering IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) has reaped new levels of agility and productivity.
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business
- TOR patch coming
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
- ARM develops second wave of 64-bit processors
- Apple reports a huge profit but sales disappoint
- Microsoft brings two open source tools to Azure
- Google updates the Maps Explore Nearby feature -- for some users
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Should EMC sell off its 80 per cent stake in VMware?
- Small cell device tech set to connect workplace Wi-Fi with 3G and LTE
- Want an Apple watch? Just 3D print one
- NASA upgrades humanoid robot in space
- What to listen for during Apple's earnings call today