pacnet - News, Features, and Slideshows
The number of 4G devices on Telstra’s mobile network has overtaken 3G for the first time, Telstra CEO David Thodey said as he reported results for the half-year ending 31 December.
By Adam Bender | 12 February, 2015 12:10
Telstra (ASX: TLS) has confirmed in a statement to the ASX that it is in discussions with the owners of undersea cable operator, Pacnet, about potentially acquiring the company.
By Computerworld Australia staff | 17 December, 2014 15:38
Adding support for network functions virtualization (NFV) to its network-as-a-service platform meant that Pacnet had to delve into OpenStack's source code and modify Neutron — the open source cloud computing project's networking component.
By Rohan Pearce | 16 October, 2014 14:19
Google's foray into a $60 million undersea fiber optic cable construction project linking Florida to Brazil should help the search giant gain greater control of all aspects of Internet access while expanding its efforts to close the digital divide.
By Matt Hamblen | 15 October, 2014 21:19
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thosands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC