pacnet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra (ASX: TLS) has confirmed in a statement to the ASX that it is in discussions with the owners of undersea cable operator, Pacnet, about potentially acquiring the company.
By Computerworld Australia staff | 17 December, 2014 15:38
Adding support for network functions virtualization (NFV) to its network-as-a-service platform meant that Pacnet had to delve into OpenStack's source code and modify Neutron — the open source cloud computing project's networking component.
By Rohan Pearce | 16 October, 2014 14:19
Google's foray into a $60 million undersea fiber optic cable construction project linking Florida to Brazil should help the search giant gain greater control of all aspects of Internet access while expanding its efforts to close the digital divide.
By Matt Hamblen | 15 October, 2014 21:19
The Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) has extended its networking contract with Pacnet for another 36 months as part of a partnership that dates back to 2007.
By Computerworld Australia staff | 30 September, 2014 10:27
This document provides the findings of a recent security analysis of your infrastructure. The document represents a summary of these findings and presents a set of recommendations for addressing the detected events.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management