patent - News, Features, and Slideshows
patent in pictures
BMC Software has filed a patent infringement suit against ServiceNow, claiming its patents are violated by the rival's IT management technologies.
By John Ribeiro | 24 September, 2014 16:19
A U.S. appeals court has thrown out a US$368.2 million award against Apple in a patent infringement case brought by patent-holding and software company VirnetX.
By Grant Gross | 17 September, 2014 05:17
A federal appellate court today threw out a 2012 judgment against Apple that required it to pay $368 million to VirnetX for patent infringement by the Cupertino Calif. company's FaceTime video calling service and its implementation of VPN (virtual private networks).
By Gregg Keizer | 17 September, 2014 05:11
Qualcomm is being urged by a top Chinese regulator to make money in the country in tandem with its local partners.
By Michael Kan | 11 September, 2014 13:22
While Samsung Electronics infringed on Apple's slide-to-unlock patent, that infringement was not willful, a U.S. court has ruled.
By Loek Essers | 10 September, 2014 21:43
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near future.
By Loek Essers | 21 December, 2012 16:08
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interesting about the case isn't the technical litigation, but the underlying attempt to define how much of a product's design is actually protected under existing, fragmented international laws.
By Jonny Evans | 06 October, 2011 05:45
Existing IT operational models and an ageing infrastructure are CIOs back from their full potential. This paper reveals the three IT imperatives for a CIO-led transformation, and details how CIOs are adopting strategies to change IT and assert their organisations as business leaders and innovators.
- NBN Co eyes FTTN trial extension
- In pictures: Fujitsu opens Oceania centre in Sydney
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Uber targets business customers
- Brandis denies ‘overreach’ on national security laws
- Will enterprises skip Windows 8 for 10?
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Eftpos goes live with payments infrastructure overhaul
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
- Microsoft outlines Windows 10 security enhancements
- 12 things to know about Windows 10
- With Windows 10, a contrite Microsoft will try to atone for Windows 8 mistakes
- Larry Ellison learns to love "the cloud"