patent - News, Features, and Slideshows
patent in pictures
The U.S. tech industry scored a victory this week when President Barack Obama nominated former Google lawyer Michelle Lee to lead the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
By Grant Gross | 18 October, 2014 03:19
Patent disputes between Apple-backed Rockstar and Google's Android licensees will be first decided in a California court rather than in a Texas court seen to be more favorable to patent holders.
By John Ribeiro | 10 October, 2014 16:26
Samsung has been paying Microsoft US$1 billion a year in royalties to use its technology in Samsung's Android smartphones and tablets, according to a court document filed Friday.
By James Niccolai | 04 October, 2014 11:41
BMC Software has filed a patent infringement suit against ServiceNow, claiming its patents are violated by the rival's IT management technologies.
By John Ribeiro | 24 September, 2014 16:19
A U.S. appeals court has thrown out a US$368.2 million award against Apple in a patent infringement case brought by patent-holding and software company VirnetX.
By Grant Gross | 17 September, 2014 05:17
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near future.
By Loek Essers | 21 December, 2012 16:08
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interesting about the case isn't the technical litigation, but the underlying attempt to define how much of a product's design is actually protected under existing, fragmented international laws.
By Jonny Evans | 06 October, 2011 05:45
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
This whitepaper discusses why the periodic refresh of an organisation’s PCs and devices makes sense from both IT and business perspectives, to maintain productivity and top-notch security. • As PCs age, the systems start to incur high maintenance costs and expose organizations to heightened security risks • There is a need to carefully match client computers to the requirements of the workforce • With the right combination of hardware, software and services, organisations can maximize the benefits of a client refresh while driving down cost and complexity
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror sStories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- Republican gains in Congress would have limited impact on big tech issues
- One code to rule them all: Dronecode
- What you should know about Lenovo's Motorola acquisition
- Sencha melds desktop and smartphone management with Space
- Sorry movie goers, Google Glass, other wearables banned from cinemas
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- After rocket explosion, no air, water pollutants detected
- Microsoft releases stopgap POODLE protection for Internet Explorer