If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
PC - News, Features, and Slideshows
PC in pictures
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Even the noise from your PC’s fans could be used to steal the data inside. Researchers in Israel have found a way to do just by hijacking the fans inside and manipulating the sounds they create.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
The upgrade cycle for PCs has slowed down drastically, now extending to nearly six years, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said on Wednesday.
Although weaker iPhone sales were the biggest contributor to Apple's downturn in the March quarter, the Mac and iPad also failed to hold up their ends.
The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
Microsoft's Windows, which in 2015 fell to third place among the world's operating systems, will continue to lose share this year to Android and Apple's combined OS X and iOS.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
In the past, we used to separate out categories for cell phones, tablets and computers. In theory, we still could create separate guides just for those products - there are so many options to choose from and not a week goes by where another phone, tablet or computer hits the market.
Let's face it - this holiday season is going to be really good for the video gamer on your holiday list. Not only are there two new gaming consoles coming out (the Xbox One and Sony Playstation 4), but there are a bunch of games that will keep you entertained for months on end. Plus the accessories to enhance those games and experiences continue to be top-notch.
The gadget-industrial-complex keeps churning out more and more cool tools to try. What to do? Roundup time!
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security