PC - News, Features, and Slideshows
PC in pictures
Microsoft's foray into notebooks with the Surface Book is certain to tick off its computer-making partners, but there's little they can do except to grin and bear it.
By Gregg Keizer | 08 October, 2015 22:37
It's the biggest week in payment technology since Apple Pay was introduced last year, and the changes could have a long-term impact on how you buy goods and services in stores.
By Martyn Williams | 30 September, 2015 03:45
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
By Josh Fruhlinger | 22 July, 2015 08:53
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
By Phil Johnson | 19 June, 2015 09:10
In the past, we used to separate out categories for cell phones, tablets and computers. In theory, we still could create separate guides just for those products - there are so many options to choose from and not a week goes by where another phone, tablet or computer hits the market.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:28
Let's face it - this holiday season is going to be really good for the video gamer on your holiday list. Not only are there two new gaming consoles coming out (the Xbox One and Sony Playstation 4), but there are a bunch of games that will keep you entertained for months on end. Plus the accessories to enhance those games and experiences continue to be top-notch.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:27
The chances are pretty good that you have a wireless home network, or you've been asked by friends, family or co-workers to help install one in their home.
By Keith Shaw | 01 July, 2013 13:03
Apple's Mac has been punished by shifting consumer tastes just as has the overall PC industry, data from the company's earnings statements show.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 April, 2013 17:14
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev