PCI Security Standards Council - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Microsoft stops supporting Windows XP next month businesses that have to comply with payment card industry (PCI) data security standards as well as health care and financial standards may find themselves out of compliance unless they call in some creative fixes, experts say.
By Tim Greene | 17 March, 2014 14:03
The U.S. Congress should mandate that banks, retailers and payment card processors adopt new security standards to protect against widespread data breaches, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
By Grant Gross | 05 March, 2014 20:26
The PCI Security Standards Council released version 3.0 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and corresponding Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS), adding new security requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organizations, including merchants, payment processors, financial institutions and service providers.
By Lucian Constantin | 08 November, 2013 18:30
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
By Ellen Messmer | 14 February, 2013 18:17
Can you hold Payment Card Information (PCI) data in a cloud-based service? Yes, but doing so isn't straightforward, so the PCI Security Standards Council has published a guideline that clarifies what approaches compliance-minded businesses can take.
By Ellen Messmer | 07 February, 2013 17:01
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 update takes Cortana to China, UK, and three other countries
- Twitter acquires image search firm Madbits
- Amazon investing $2 billion more in India as online retail booms
- Free movie link delivers malware payload: report
- Amazon says $9.99 e-books will boost revenue, including for Hachette
- Attorney-General seeks public input on anti-piracy law changes
- iPhone gets first free app for encrypting voice calls
- Zero-day flaws found in Symantec's Endpoint Protection
- Ericsson to operate NBN wireless, manage satellite migration
- Countdown begins for switch from debit/credit card signature to PIN
- Start Up Australia opens free classes for entrepreneurs
- Vodafone says it's 'right in the middle' of turnaround
- Samsung, Apple still dominate smartphones, but their shares slip
- Ford and GM sued for millions over CD-ripping tech in cars
- Twitter more than doubles its sales, stock soars