PCs - News, Features, and Slideshows
PCs in pictures
This past week's headlines were filled with the hacking of celebrity iCloud accounts, an upcoming IPO of Alibaba, a security breach at Home Depot, and protests on Net neutrality, however other than a couple local San Diego newspaper obituaries in the Union-Tribune and Times of San Diego, the passing of Kaypro founder, Andrew Kay, for the most part went unnoticed in our industry.
By Rand Morimoto | 08 September, 2014 23:05
Microsoft has started a 17-month campaign to upgrade customers to the newest version of Internet Explorer that their operating systems will support, which should make it simpler for the company to keep the browser secure because it will have fewer versions to deal with.
By Tim Greene | 13 August, 2014 06:30
Scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, are working on computer screens that would adjust their images to accommodate individual user's visual needs. Think of it as a display that wears the glasses so users don't have to.
By Sharon Gaudin | 31 July, 2014 21:16
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
By Ken Gagne | 11 July, 2014 20:37
OS X Yosemite will run on about eight of every 10 Macs, a boon for customers who want to upgrade this fall, but also another proof point that "good enough" has contributed to the personal computer business's stagnation.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 June, 2014 01:22
Whitepapers about PCs
This whitepaper discusses why the periodic refresh of an organisation’s PCs and devices makes sense from both IT and business perspectives, to maintain productivity and top-notch security. • As PCs age, the systems start to incur high maintenance costs and expose organizations to heightened security risks • There is a need to carefully match client computers to the requirements of the workforce • With the right combination of hardware, software and services, organisations can maximize the benefits of a client refresh while driving down cost and complexity
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- NFC chip implants: First Apple, now this guy
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
- Microsoft releases first Windows 10 update, starts testing fast-paced delivery system
- Broadband boost: G.fast testing lab, consortium to foster 100G over copper
- NASA orbiter and rover send back first looks at comet Siding Spring
- Samsung now producing 32GB DRAM modules, 128GB to follow
- Google uses Songza to update Play Music app
- Topcoder now has 3,700 Swift devs
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3
- Rimini Street's practices remain 'suspect,' Oracle alleges