phishing - News, Features, and Slideshows
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
By Tony Bradley | 09 March, 2011 06:06
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
By Keir Thomas | 08 January, 2011 05:49
The head of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has stopped banking online after nearly falling for a phishing attempt.
By Robert McMillan | 08 October, 2009 06:15
Sometimes, it seems scams are becoming almost as common as social media experts on Twitter. The latest one, unleashed Monday morning and initially noticed by tech blog Mashable, centers on a fake blog hosted at the domain twittersblogs.com. Tweets containing links to the site circulated rapidly, each featuring the message: "omg!! is it true what they wrote about you in their twit blog?"
By JR Raphael | 30 June, 2009 07:21
Forewarned is forearmed. We investigate the latest and most deadly tech dangers, and explain how to fight back.
By Andrew Brandt, Rosemary Hattersley, Robert McMillan and JR Raphael | 06 May, 2009 13:37
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways for con artists to pull off their tricks (See: Social Engineering: Eight Common Tactics). Here we look at some of the most common lines these people are using to fool their victims..
By Joan Goodchild | 17 February, 2009 09:03
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Cloud computing introduces new security challenges for both consumers and providers of cloud services across all types of IT environments. CA’s strategy and vision outlines how to securely provision users, and choose & simplify an IAM deployment models.
- Shanghai authorities ban government officials' use of iPhone
- Lenovo to cough up $100 refunds, $250 vouchers to settle IdeaPad suit
- Pertino adds management, tracking apps to its service
- Early iPhone 6 usage 8x higher than iPhone 6 Plus
- Ex-Cisco employee pleads guilty to second-degree murder in ‘Google Maps case'
- Ericsson acquires majority stake in Apcera for cloud policy compliance
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller
- Delve, Office Graph must transcend Office 365 to be revolutionary
- The 2014 Enterprise Architecture Awards
- iPhone 6 sales top 10M on opening weekend, 11% more than in '13
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China