pki - News, Features, and Slideshows
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
By Lucian Constantin | 30 January, 2015 06:18
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
By Lucian Constantin | 19 November, 2014 02:23
Certificate authority DigiCert is considering issuing SSL certificates to more Tor .onion address owners after recently providing Facebook with one.
By Lucian Constantin | 08 November, 2014 05:30
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
By Lucian Constantin | 30 July, 2014 00:32
Botnet tracking outfit Abuse.ch has launched a project to list SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates used by some malware programs to hide their communications.
By Lucian Constantin | 17 July, 2014 01:16
This guide is intended for companies, organizations, and IT professionals who are looking for a network and application monitoring tool that provides a holistic view of application performance, including performance monitoring, from the end-user perspective.
- Ghost Linux vulnerability can be exploited through WordPress, other PHP apps
- BT to test 500Mbps broadband over copper in two towns
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, January 30
- Military-funded robots can learn by watching YouTube
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- PayPal’s BattleHack comes to Australia for a second time
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar