pki - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
By Lucian Constantin | 06 April, 2015 17:15
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
By Lucian Constantin | 03 April, 2015 00:13
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Explorer users.
By Lucian Constantin | 26 March, 2015 00:59
After a security enthusiast discovered a loophole that allowed him to register a valid SSL certificate for Microsoft's live.fi domain, he tried to responsibly disclose the issue. But instead of thanks he got locked out of his email, phone, Xbox and online storage accounts.
By Lucian Constantin | 19 March, 2015 04:52
Microsoft released an update to blacklist an SSL certificate for one of its domain names that was issued to an unauthorized third party.
By Lucian Constantin | 17 March, 2015 22:07
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Just as we’ve learned to tune out car alarms, so have we become impervious to the headlines of cybercrime. That’s despite cybercriminals stealing over 500 million identities1 in 2014, alone. According to a December 2014 Computer Weekly article2, “The production of malware continues on an industrial scale, with exploit kits and malware services putting sophisticated attack methods in the hands of relatively unskilled cyber criminals.” And unfortunately, ignoring the issue will not make it go away.
- Microsoft developing Cortana app for iOS, Android
- Synology patches serious flaws in its network-attached storage devices
- NHK tries to prime viewers for 8K with interactive features
- Infinit improves its iPad user interface, partners with HTC to speed up file sharing
- Charter Communications confirms bid to buy Time Warner Cable
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, May 26
- Microsoft implores enterprises to help it test optional Windows 7 updates
- Sony's Xperia Z4 renamned Z3+ outside Japan, goes on sale in June
- Wearables to hit stride in enterprises from 2017: Frost & Sullivan
- Compliance with PCI DSS standards needs improvement: Dell
- IPv4 address exhaustion approaches in US
- ING Direct unveils Apple Watch app
- Woodside engineers to use IBM's Watson platform
- Technology One records half year revenue of $90m
- Charter reportedly close to US$55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable