pki - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
By Lucian Constantin | 06 April, 2015 17:15
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
By Lucian Constantin | 03 April, 2015 00:13
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Explorer users.
By Lucian Constantin | 26 March, 2015 00:59
After a security enthusiast discovered a loophole that allowed him to register a valid SSL certificate for Microsoft's live.fi domain, he tried to responsibly disclose the issue. But instead of thanks he got locked out of his email, phone, Xbox and online storage accounts.
By Lucian Constantin | 19 March, 2015 04:52
Microsoft released an update to blacklist an SSL certificate for one of its domain names that was issued to an unauthorized third party.
By Lucian Constantin | 17 March, 2015 22:07
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Cisco names senior VP Robbins as new CEO to replace Chambers
- Researchers play cat and mouse with Google's anti-phishing Chrome extension
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, May 4
- Facebook's Internet.org opens platform to other online services
- Uber's China business could face more regulatory trouble, following police raid
- Microsoft fleshes out 'Windows as a service' revenue strategy
- US reviews use of cellphone spying technology
- Telco organisation cries foul over journo's 'metadata' victory
- Government, finance organisations top Deloitte privacy index
- HP promises warranty on overclocked desktops popular with gamers
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino warns of possible payment card hack
- Website privacy policies too long, says privacy commissioner
- Westpac makes $84m from digital sales
- AGL's CFO to lead tech at energy company
- Dave Goldberg, entrepreneur and husband of Facebook's Sandberg, dies