plantronics - News, Features, and Slideshows
Investors in Illumio are tripling down, with existing and new investors tossing another $105 million at the data-center/cloud security company that will be used to extend research and development, open new offices and broaden its customer base.
By Tim Greene | 15 April, 2015 07:11
Illumio, a well-funded startup with an impressive list of customers, is wheeling out a data-center/cloud security platform that imposes individual security policies on every workload.
By Tim Greene | 05 November, 2014 05:03
Apple and Microsoft haven't signed up, and mobile and codec efforts remain in progress
By Paul Krill | 30 November, 2012 20:17
Remember when cell phones were as big as a brick and required a separate shoulder pack to keep the battery up and running? Yeah, so do we. But we also remember the birth of the smartphone, and since then, they’ve gotten smarter and smarter. With dozens of choices out there now (several iPhone models and carriers, along with multitudes of Android devices), we figure that your gift recipient already has a smartphone. So we’re focusing on some products that can enhance their smartphone, whether it’s a nice case, charging device, Bluetooth headset or other cool accessory. Here’s what we liked this year:
By Network World staff | 21 November, 2011 17:32
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
Protecting against known, and new, advanced, unknown threats requires the most rapid and precise detection and protection technologies. With multiple solutions available, finding the best one can be challenging. Independent testing firm Miercom took on this challenge and tested network-based advanced threat prevention solutions that use virtual sand boxing. They found the solution delivering the fastest, most accurate and efficient solution against known and unknown threats.
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings
- Bigcommerce, PayPal team up for payments
- Leaked database of Adult Friend Finder still online
- Spectrum review proposes greater role for market
- ICANN chief to leave office early, may miss key transition
- Square opens Melbourne office
- Google to change Maps search system after offensive White House results
- US Senate leader to push for vote to renew NSA phone dragnet