policy - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government is eyeing spectrum used by community TV broadcasters in Australian capital cities for a possible second Digital Dividend auction.
By Adam Bender | 10 September, 2014 11:16
With elections approaching next year, rivals of Telstra have urged for strong controls on the rates charged by Telstra for access to its infrastructure.
By Adam Bender | 26 November, 2012 13:44
Competition has driven Telstra’s network build, the top Australian telco said in response to claims from Vodafone Hutchison Australia's CEO, Bill Morrow, that effective competition does not exist.
By Adam Bender | 19 November, 2012 09:49
The NBN is not enough to level telecom competition in Australia, according to Vodafone Hutchison Australia CEO Bill Morrow. At an American Chamber of Commerce event today in Sydney, he called on government to support policies that scale back Telstra’s “regulatory favour.”
By Adam Bender | 16 November, 2012 15:39
Whitepapers about policy
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Canva targets SMBs with new subscription product
- VCE's VxRack systems want to be Vblocks for the next generation
- Microsoft picks security for the enterprise win
- Google buys Timeful to boost its apps' time management skills
- Zuckerberg's zeal for free Internet shows in Internet.org video
- Cerf thinks encryption back doors would be 'super risky'
- Microsoft looks to empower IT in the Cloud
- Microsoft expands Office 2016 for Windows public preview to consumers, more business workers
- EU set to reveal digital strategy on Wednesday
- Windows 10 can tap Cortana for help with data analysis
- IBM's new Power Systems servers are custom-made for SAP Hana
- EMC's XtremIO gets bigger, packs in more flash
- Microsoft unifies cloud and in-house IT management software
- Palo Alto CEO: Beware the Internet of Things – and watch your car