privacy - News, Features, and Slideshows
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
With Europe's top court ordering Google to allow people to basically edit their online personal histories, some wonder what this will mean for finding the truth online.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 May, 2014 06:23
The U.S. commercial drone industry is still struggling to get off the ground more than two years after President Obama signed into law a bill that permits the civilian use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) over the country's airspace.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 18 April, 2014 21:36
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
By Marc Ferranti | 06 March, 2014 22:06
A report Thursday by the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board calling the NSA's bulk phone records collection program illegal and mostly useless puts the Obama Administration in an awkward spot.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 19:45
Retailers and banks must move quickly to figure out who should be responsible for better securing the payments system network or risk having Congress decide for them.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 16:05
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
By Grant Gross | 20 December, 2013 16:11
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 December, 2013 11:42
Any effort to rein in the National Security Agency after its widespread spy activities were revealed in leaked documents must focus on more than simply limiting what personal data can be collected.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 19 November, 2013 17:51
The government's insistence, in its dispute with Lavabit, that cloud service providers hand over their encryption keys when asked, has refocused attention on the issue of key ownership and management in the cloud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 15 November, 2013 11:41
There's no such thing as a free email service, at least not when it comes to Google, according to industry analysts.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 August, 2013 20:52
Defcon founder Jeff Moss' request to government agencies asking them not to attend next month's annual Defcon hacker conference has evoked a mixed response from the security community.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 12 July, 2013 10:16
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Section 313: Federal police used website blocking to tackle malware
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- Microsoft warns of Windows zero-day; hackers serve exploits in PowerPoint files
- Yahoo squeezes out some growth
- Ford wants to keep drivers alert on the long road to autonomous cars
- Kii offers an on-ramp to the Internet of Things
- Bunnings drives productivity with iPod Touch rollout
- NFC chip implants: First Apple, now this guy
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
- Microsoft releases first Windows 10 update, starts testing fast-paced delivery system