A security researcher today provided a way for users to see whether their e-mail addresses and passwords were among the 1.3 million compromised in a hack of Gawker Media's sites.
privacy - News, Features, and Slideshows
In 2003, author and security pioneer Simson Garfinkel conducted a study of data he found on second-hand hard drives. On eBay, Garfinkel bought the hard drive from an old ATM machine; it held 827 bank account PINs. Another drive he purchased on eBay had previously been owned by a medical center and contained information on 31,000 credit card numbers.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.