processors - News, Features, and Slideshows
processors in pictures
Qualcomm has teased out some more details about its upcoming Snapdragon 820 processor, including a refreshed GPU and an image processing unit that could lead to big improvements in smartphone cameras.
By James Niccolai | 12 August, 2015 21:20
It's official: Moore's Law is slowing down.
By James Niccolai | 16 July, 2015 09:46
Hewlett-Packard will use upcoming processor and network technologies from Intel to build new server systems that aim to expand high-performance computing into new markets, including big data workloads at large enterprises.
By James Niccolai | 13 July, 2015 21:08
IBM says it has produced the world's first 7nm (nanometer) chip, arriving well ahead of competitors, thanks to advances in its chip technology.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 10 July, 2015 00:53
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
By Chris Byers | 13 August, 2010 02:20
Overclocking refers to pushing your computer components harder and faster than the manufacturer designed them to go. The initial pitch is seductive: Buy a slower, lower-cost CPU; juice up the clock speed; and presto! You have a cheap, high-end processor.
By Loyd Case | 28 June, 2010 23:43
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to know what you're getting into when you settle on a chip for your system. We've rounded up eight of the leading processors on the market and put them through a battery of rigorous tests to help you shop with confidence.
By David Murphy | 23 June, 2010 00:06
It came out in 1974 and was the basis of the MITS Altair 8800, for which two guys named Bill Gates and Paul Allen wrote BASIC, and millions of people began to realize that they, too, could have their very own, personal, computer.
By Lamont Wood | 09 January, 2015 01:59
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out new services more quickly, according to Intel.
By Stephen Lawson | 17 December, 2013 23:48
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Android Studio 2.0 beta speeds up app restarts
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance