productivity - News, Features, and Slideshows
productivity in pictures
From basic business tasks to advanced automation, these 18 apps will make your Android device more useful than ever
By JR Raphael | 13 November, 2013 08:55
These days everyone is trying to do more with less--and time is no exception. Learn how to squeeze the most out of your busy day using these time management and productivity apps for Apple's iOS devices.
By Rich Hein | 19 April, 2013 08:35
As his interviewer stumbles for an appropriately careful term to describe the state of open-source office software development, Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange, offers to help.
By Jon Gold | 09 April, 2013 15:17
In the demanding world of IT, it seems as if everyone's workload has increased, making productivity and time management critical workplace skills. Balancing it all can seem unmanageable, but help is at your fingertips - if you know where to look. These 11 Android apps will help you get the most out of your busy day.
By Rich Hein | 28 March, 2013 09:18
The Auburn City Council has embraced mobility to automate inspections and increase productivity. The council’s IT manager, Sarju Sahu, said he chose a mobile enterprise application platform by BlinkMobile to enable his any time, any device vision.
By Adam Bender | 26 October, 2012 14:06
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
By Katherine Noyes | 21 January, 2011 12:00
It's official: I can no longer think of a single person I know (unless, of course, you count my two-year-old) who doesn't have more work on their to-do list than any human being can reasonably be expected to handle. If you're like everyone I know, chances are you could use a few new tools to help you manage your priorities, simplify your life, and accomplish more. This guide is for you.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 11 November, 2010 11:11
Be more productive
By Adam Pash and Rick Broida | 02 March, 2010 02:41
Whitepapers about productivity
After Hurricane Sandy flooded its Lower Manhattan headquarters, EmblemHealth enables displaced employees to re-engage and reconnect with their co-workers by supplying Dell laptops to maintain productivity from remote locations. -Company headquarters flooded by Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge left 1,900 employees without offices -Loss of office space for so many corporate staff employees threatened to disrupt a timely conclusion to the company’s fiscal year-end -Newly gained flexibilty and productivity was enabled by access to over 900 laptops and desktops from Dell
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
A guide for security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
- Microsoft's Surface turns first profit in 2 years
- Why Google wants to replace Gmail
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Wireless price war's good for consumers, but challenges carriers
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- Researcher works to make 3D-printed metals stronger, customizable
- Court shuts down alleged PC tech support scam
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries