public Wi-Fi - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra could usher in Australia’s first major deployment of next-generation hotspots as part of its plan to blanket the country with a public Wi-Fi network.
By Adam Bender | 26 June, 2014 14:20
Could new data sharing plans announced by Optus and Telstra reignite what some analysts describe as waning interest in mobile broadband?
By Adam Bender | 02 June, 2014 13:16
The most widely anticipated but least understood "next big thing" in the networked world is Hotspot 2.0 (HS 2.0).
By David Callisch, VP of marketing, Ruckus Wireless | 08 April, 2013 17:04
Using non-secured public Wi-Fi hotspots can leave you vulnerable to identity theft, data theft, snooping, impersonation and malware infection. That's why so many people rely on public virtual private network services, but VPNs are no panacea. Here are five potential gotchas.
By Sohail Ahmad, independent Wi-Fi consultant | 31 October, 2012 14:48
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- In pictures: RSA Asia Pacific & Japan conference
- Google has to face US privacy suit over new user data policy
- Barbarians are at the gates of Information Age: Juniper
- UPDATED: Vodafone upbeat on turnaround despite more customer losses
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit for alleged labor rule violations
- Telstra to kill 2G services
- Seafaring robot shrugs off monster Typhoon Rammasun
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
- Apple grows Mac sales by 18 per cent on the back of the MacBook Air
- Rules of engagement needed for the Internet: RSA
- How Nokia both helped and hindered Microsoft's earnings
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business