regulatory compliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 05 December, 2013 19:28
Microsoft today launched a searchable list of its complete patent portfolio as part of its defense of the patent system, particularly software patents.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 March, 2013 20:43
More companies are tackling how to best set up their electronic records to be able to respond to any legal requests related to "electronic discovery" to quickly find internal documents for court purposes, but this "e-discovery" process is still a struggle, a survey published today indicates.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 January, 2013 13:58
Companies have a lot to gain by maintaining control of IT assets. They can avoid massive unplanned expenses, increase productivity and provide easy access to information for decision making. When designing an IT asset management (ITAM) program, keep these tips in mind.
By Brian Hollandsworth, product manager, ServiceNow | 12 December, 2012 19:23
Businesses are in the crosshairs as military and spy organizations around the world step up their cyber-snooping techniques, and the shift to cloud is only exacerbating the risks. How can you be sure your cloud partner is capable of protecting your data from cyberattacks?
By Jose Albino, director of operations and compliance, Hughes Cloud Services | 26 November, 2012 17:54
IT can never take all the risk out of a supply chain, but it can help organizations minimize their vulnerability in a world of new threats.
By Howard Baldwin | 30 April, 2014 20:04
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
By Chris Kanaracus | 17 June, 2013 15:56
Customers are increasingly virtualising their environments to maximize capacity and cut cost. With only a few Flash drives and the software products in the FAST Suite, EMC VNX customers can realise those same benefits in their storage environment with a Flash 1st data strategy. Download now and find out how customers no longer have to compromise between performance & TCO.
- R programming language gaining ground on traditional statistics packages
- How can the Internet have too many routes and not enough addresses?
- OnBeep developing walkie-talkie type wearable for mobile devices
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G
- ATO sets out treatment of Bitcoin
- Fair and Safe Work Qld invites offers for mobile app development