regulatory compliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) hopes to cut bill shock with a renewed emphasis in the coming year on enforcing data usage alerts under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection (TCP) code, according to an ACMA official.
By Adam Bender | 24 October, 2014 15:10
Microsoft has extended the data loss prevention features in Office 365 so that they are available not only for its email tools but also for data in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 28 August, 2014 05:57
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 05 December, 2013 19:28
Microsoft today launched a searchable list of its complete patent portfolio as part of its defense of the patent system, particularly software patents.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 March, 2013 20:43
More companies are tackling how to best set up their electronic records to be able to respond to any legal requests related to "electronic discovery" to quickly find internal documents for court purposes, but this "e-discovery" process is still a struggle, a survey published today indicates.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 January, 2013 13:58
IT can never take all the risk out of a supply chain, but it can help organizations minimize their vulnerability in a world of new threats.
By Howard Baldwin | 30 April, 2014 20:04
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
By Chris Kanaracus | 17 June, 2013 15:56
Whitepapers about regulatory compliance
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
Cyber Attacks are painful and destructive. It’s essential to defend your business with a powerful protection system. In this whitepaper, you’ll learn how to get cyber resilient and safeguard your data: • Find out which questions you should ask to find a security solution that works with your business • Understand why your business is a bigger target than you thought • Learn how to protect your brand and bottom line by quickly detecting and responding to attacks
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Here's why hydrogen-fueled cars aren't little Hindenburgs
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- ASIC chief calls for focus on 'cyber resilience'
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- NSW Rural Fire Service cuts travel costs by using video conferencing
- How multisig can alleviate Bitcoin consumer protection concerns
- Treat Bitcoin like currency, advocates tell Senate inquiry
- Hack the halls: Watch out for Cyber Monday scamathon
- NASA creates first 3D printed object in space
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
- Breaking up is hard to do, but HP won't look back
- New eftpos debit, credit chip cards include EMV security
- San Francisco DA pushes for chip payment cards in tech's backyard