regulatory compliance - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) hopes to cut bill shock with a renewed emphasis in the coming year on enforcing data usage alerts under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection (TCP) code, according to an ACMA official.
By Adam Bender | 24 October, 2014 15:10
Microsoft has extended the data loss prevention features in Office 365 so that they are available not only for its email tools but also for data in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 28 August, 2014 05:57
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 05 December, 2013 19:28
Microsoft today launched a searchable list of its complete patent portfolio as part of its defense of the patent system, particularly software patents.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 March, 2013 20:43
More companies are tackling how to best set up their electronic records to be able to respond to any legal requests related to "electronic discovery" to quickly find internal documents for court purposes, but this "e-discovery" process is still a struggle, a survey published today indicates.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 January, 2013 13:58
IT can never take all the risk out of a supply chain, but it can help organizations minimize their vulnerability in a world of new threats.
By Howard Baldwin | 30 April, 2014 20:04
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
By Chris Kanaracus | 17 June, 2013 15:56
Whitepapers about regulatory compliance
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- In Pictures: Monitoring more than just wearables
- Thousands call on Congress to overturn net neutrality rules
- Survey: A majority of Apple Pay users encounter problems
- Amazon tries a physical button for making purchases
- HP hits former Autonomy execs with $5B suit
- California leads nation in solar installations as world sees 14% increase
- Seven things to know about Intel's 'Cherry Trail' Atom chips
- New malware program used in attacks against energy sector companies
- Microsoft consolidates enterprise editions of Visual Studio
- SAP co-founder Tschira dies at 74
- Microsoft resurrects the Surface with third try
- Tanium's fast-acting endpoint management tool grows up
- Choosing the cloud that's right for you