research in motion - News, Features, and Slideshows
research in motion in pictures
The news that foundering smartphone maker BlackBerry is going to be taken private by one of its largest shareholders has made big waves across the technology and business communities alike. If you're struggling to get up to speed on the news, here's a quick primer to help you along:
By Jon Gold | 23 September, 2013 22:03
BlackBerry today reported a return to operating profit for its fourth quarter amid sales of 1 million Z10 smartphones. But there was also a decline of 3 million global subscribers, down to 76 million.
By Computerworld Staff | 28 March, 2013 15:17
The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
By Matt Hamblen, Marc Ferranti | 11 February, 2013 11:12
Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics and Internet companies rising this week.
By Marc Ferranti | 01 February, 2013 22:11
Many reasons exist for why you might want or need to "security wipe" a BlackBerry, or completely erase all personal data stored on your handheld: You got a new smartphone and plan to retire the older device; you're trading in your existing BlackBerry for a new one from your wireless carrier; you and a friend are swapping devices; you loaded too many applications or media and just want to start over from scratch; etc.
By Al Sacco | 15 December, 2010 07:11
Mobile phone competition intensifies. Linux-based platforms are gunning for iOS and Android, and Chinese companies want to price the iPhone and the Galaxy S line out of the market.
By Mike Elgan | 26 January, 2013 12:11
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data