retail - News, Features, and Slideshows
retail in pictures
These are great! But be patient, 'cause they need a bit more time to be fully baked.
By Brad Chacos | 20 May, 2015 09:30
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
By Yoni Heisler | 20 May, 2015 09:21
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 December, 2013 11:42
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Whitepapers about retail
Who would have thought that a small piece of plastic measuring a mere 2.125 inches by 3.370 inches could open a window to so much mayhem? Find out to safe guard your PoS terminals from cyber criminals hacking retail networks.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Mobility has transformed the workplace. Laptops, smartphones and tablets not only enable an organization’s road warriors, but also create freedoms for all employees to stay connected whether at a conference, working from home, or even sitting in an airport terminal.
- Sony's Xperia Z4 renamned Z3+ outside Japan, goes on sale in June
- Wearables to hit stride in enterprises from 2017: Frost & Sullivan
- Compliance with PCI DSS standards needs improvement: Dell
- IPv4 address exhaustion approaches in US
- ING Direct unveils Apple Watch app
- Woodside engineers to use IBM's Watson platform
- Technology One records half year revenue of $90m
- Charter reportedly close to US$55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- DHS data centre consolidation almost completed
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- In Pictures: The 8 things we’re looking for at Google I/O 2015