retail - News, Features, and Slideshows
retail in pictures
It's been just over half a year since Oracle completed its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, and on Wednesday the company added several new services to the retail-focused technologies it gained through that deal.
By Katherine Noyes | 09 April, 2015 04:39
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
By Martyn Williams | 07 April, 2015 06:38
At an event to launch the Apple Watch, Apple also made several announcements regarding Apple TV, HBO, Macbook, and other products.
By Yoni Heisler | 11 March, 2015 08:21
With a free Chip & PIN card reader, Swedish mobile payments company iZettle is lowering the threshold for small companies to start accepting card payments.
By Loek Essers | 17 February, 2015 22:38
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 December, 2013 11:42
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Whitepapers about retail
Companies like Amazon.com, Macy’s, and salesforce.com are successful because they are customer-obsessed. Empowered consumers are disrupting every industry, tearing down traditional barriers so that the only sustainable competitive advantage is knowledge of, and engagement with, those customers. Read more to find out how.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Established in 1991, Truly Semiconductors Limited (Truly Semi) develops, manufactures and sells displays, including LCD and Organic LED (OLED) flat panels and touch screens. Truly Semi’s workforce and production have grown rapidly over the last ten years, increasing the cost of downtime and putting pressure on IT to ensure availability for key information systems.
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thosands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC