- Glass all gone after one-day sale, Google says
- Akamai admits its OpenSSL patch was faulty, reissues keys
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- Tutorial: How to fix app store errors in Windows 8
retail in pictures
Two banks that claim to have suffered losses from the recent data breach at Target have sued Trustwave Holdings Inc., the company that was responsible for validating Target's compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 26 March, 2014 10:43
U.S. retailers are digging in their heels over their need for PIN authentication for Europay MasterCard Visa (EMV) smartcard use here.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 07 March, 2014 21:05
The massive data breach at Target last month may have resulted partly from the retailer's failure to properly segregate systems handling sensitive payment card data from the rest of its network.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 February, 2014 11:28
The head of the organization in charge of maintaining security controls over credit card transactions insisted Monday that its standards remain solid despite the concerns raised by data breaches at Target and other companies.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 03 February, 2014 22:31
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 December, 2013 11:42
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Genesco, a specialty retailer of footwear, sports apparel and related accessories has sued Visa USA for $13.3 million in fines that were assessed against the company after a credit card data breach in 2010.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2013 00:11
Whitepapers about retail
Companies like Amazon.com, Macy’s, and salesforce.com are successful because they are customer-obsessed. Empowered consumers are disrupting every industry, tearing down traditional barriers so that the only sustainable competitive advantage is knowledge of, and engagement with, those customers. Read more to find out how.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
In a world with high-demanding IT infrastructures and networks, where perimeters are no longer well defined and where threats grow more intelligent every day, we need to define the right way to protect enterprises in the ever-changing threat landscape. Download today to define your security blueprint.
- China's Alibaba to offer mobile phone services in June
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- IT security is national security -- but you're not alone
- Exclusive: Google's Project Loon tests move to LTE band in Nevada
- Enterprise who? Google says little about Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
- Where's my gigabit Internet, anyway?
- Samsung teams with GlobalFoundries on 3D chips
- World Tech Update: Google buys drone maker Titan Aerospace and NHK shows off 8K television
- Music labels sue Pandora over pre-1972 recordings
- AMD's profitability streak ends at two quarters
- Netcraft tool flags websites affected by Heartbleed
- Israeli start-up, working with GE, out to detect Stuxnet-like attacks
- Facebook wants to help you meet friends offline
- Tor anonymity network to shrink as a result of Heartbleed flaw
- For Red Hat, it's RHEL and then...?