retail - News, Features, and Slideshows
retail in pictures
It was always going to be big, but the day-long "Singles Day" promotion on Chinese online shopping site Alibaba on Wednesday smashed previous records, with millions of people participating and $US14.3 billion worth of goods sold.
By Martyn Williams | 12 November, 2015 00:00
An annual sales promotion on China's biggest online shopping site is off to an spectacular start with $5 billion of goods sold in just 90 minutes.
By Martyn Williams | 10 November, 2015 23:12
A new iOS app which was designed in response to customer surveys has been announced by Target Australia today as part of the retailer’s mobile first digital strategy.
By Hamish Barwick | 08 October, 2015 10:37
Wearables are reducing interest in Swiss watches, with those highly regarded timepieces losing some of their luster as technology is incorporated into what people wear on their wrists.
By Fred O'Connor | 13 August, 2015 04:59
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
Amazon's nascent plan to use unmanned drones to deliver packages to customers has already raised strong privacy concerns that could ultimately nip it in the bud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 06 December, 2013 11:42
Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
By Nick Barber | 04 December, 2013 13:44
Whitepapers about retail
This whitepaper explores how technology is fast becoming the driving force for success and innovation in the consumer and retail industries and how this ‘New Style of Business’ is impacting the marketplace and redefining relationships with customers.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTClient Services Manager - Programmatic AdvertisingNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Android Studio 2.0 beta speeds up app restarts
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance