Reuters - News, Features, and Slideshows
AT&T plans to delay its ambitious fiber optic cable investments in 100 cities until U.S. regulators define the rules for net neutrality.
By Matt Hamblen | 13 November, 2014 05:49
A co-founder of the Pirate Bay file-sharing service who had fled from Swedish authorities was nabbed at the border between Thailand and Laos, according to local news reports Tuesday.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 November, 2014 07:45
China hopes to launch a home-grown operating system by October to wean the country from foreign-made OSes like Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 August, 2014 03:55
China's state-run TV is telling iPhone owners that the device is a threat to national security because it tracks their movements.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 July, 2014 00:59
Apple mistimed the launch of the iPhone 5C and priced the smartphone too high, missing out on aggressive subsidies offered by Chinese mobile carriers during an important holiday.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 October, 2013 21:11
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2013 10:11
BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins' prediction that tablets would decline in popularity provoked debate on what will happen over the next five to 10 years to smartphones, tablets and laptops -- even wearable computers -- and what devices users might eventually prefer.
By Matt Hamblen | 01 May, 2013 19:08
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
- Apple updates Yosemite, again claims to fix Macs' Wi-Fi flops
- Enterprises can now use Dell's Kace appliance to manage Chromebooks
- Will the U.S. be ready with secure chip cards and payment terminals?
- 6 DNS services protect against malware and other unwanted content
- Google Fiber expanding to Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Raleigh-Durham
- Apple iOS 8.1.3 upgrade won't suck up your storage
- FTC calls on IoT vendors to protect privacy
- Microsoft's Surface line-up posts 2nd straight profitable quarter
- How to stay ahead of threats to DNS servers
- PCI DSS 3.0 went into effect Jan. 1. Are you in compliance?
- Apple tops Chinese smartphone market for the first time
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Mobile World Congress rumor mill churns with reports of better screens, cameras
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
- Enterprises: Get ready to pay to go slow on Windows 10