Samsung Electronics - News, Features, and Slideshows
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost business.
By John Ribeiro | 14 January, 2016 07:32
A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
By Grant Gross | 15 August, 2015 02:29
With glass, metal and a number of hardware improvements, Samsung Electronics is hoping to entice consumers to spend big on its latest smartphones with large screens, the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+.
By Mikael Ricknäs and Marc Ferranti | 14 August, 2015 01:48
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
By Martyn Williams | 13 September, 2014 04:00
The first curved display smartphone, the 5.7-inch Samsung Galaxy Round, has gone on sale in South Korea for 1 million Korean won, equal to about $US1015. Whether the device, which runs Android 4.3, ever goes on sale in the U.S. or Europe is unknown.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 October, 2013 21:52
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their alternatives ready.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 27 August, 2013 14:06
Some things in this world need no introduction. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is not one of those things.
By JR Raphael | 29 April, 2013 15:24
Samsung is tired of watching Apple run away with most of the money in mobile. Now, the Korean giant is making a big play to become like Apple -- a company that makes not only the hardware, but also the software and the store where you buy stuff.
By Mike Elgan | 19 February, 2013 15:53
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors