services - News, Features, and Slideshows
Foxconn Technology Group isn't satisfied with just making iPhones, and plans to break into the information security market through an upcoming joint venture.
By Michael Kan | 26 March, 2015 15:00
WASHINGTON - A Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today on the H-1B visa offered up a stew of policy arguments, positioning and frustration.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 18 March, 2015 07:57
Alibaba opens U.S. cloud service... IBM puts OpenPower servers in cloud... Eric Schmidt meets European antitrust chief... and more news
By IDG News Service staff | 04 March, 2015 23:16
Japan's NTT Group is buying a majority stake in Germany's biggest provider of datacentre services, the latest sign of convergence in a competitive European market.
By James Niccolai | 03 March, 2015 08:43
Southern California Edison was known for good pay and benefits before it began laying off IT workers and replacing them with H-1B visa holders.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 13 February, 2015 07:46
Capacity planning needs to provide answers to two questions: What are you going to need to buy in the coming year? And when are you going to need to buy it?
By Thomas A. Limoncelli, Strata R. Chalup and Christina J. Hogan | 14 November, 2014 05:59
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest book.
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 July, 2013 20:51
Whitepapers about services
In this report, UXC Connect’s Steve Saunders describes a real-life case study where a major services organisation overcame the challenge of managing diversity across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments. • For historical reasons, many large organisations put more effort into support than they should • A common challenge is managing diversity by creating commonality across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments • The solution involves centralised remote management and standardised technical support and maintenance arrangements
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap