SIEM - News, Features, and Slideshows
I have told you about the need to tune our security incident and event monitoring (SIEM) tool. Now we need to tune the analysts who are monitoring the SIEM.
By By Mathias Thurman | 28 August, 2014 22:46
Marketers at Domino's Pizza are gaining new and more immediate insights into online coupon usage from an unexpected source: a security management tool used by the national chain's IT department.
By Ellen Messmer | 24 October, 2013 19:08
ForeScout Technologies Tuesday introduced technology that allows other security vendors as well as third parties such as systems integrators to share monitoring and security-related information directly with ForeScout's CounterAct network-access control product.
By Ellen Messmer | 15 October, 2013 21:56
McAfee has unveiled a security appliance it calls McAfee Advanced Threat Defense which uses sandboxing technology to open incoming files to safely "explode" them to see if they contain stealthy malware.
By Ellen Messmer | 02 October, 2013 18:04
HP today took the wraps off its Next-Generation Firewall line designed to exert application-level controls and visibility over all traffic related to the enterprise, including mobile devices used in public WiFi settings and traffic from cloud services.
By Ellen Messmer | 17 September, 2013 14:26
It's been over a year since I last wrote about my security information and event management (SIEM) platform -- and a lot has happened since then. Back then, I wrote, "Now that my SIEM has been in operation for several months, I've become completely dependent on it, not only for security monitoring, but also for overall awareness of my network."
By By J.F. Rice | 05 March, 2015 23:14
Whitepapers about SIEM
Protecting against today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape requires broad and deep visibility across the entire IT environment. Threats and risks arrive from many angles and evidence of their existence can be found within existing log and machine data. Deeper, essential visibility is gained through targeted host and network forensic monitoring. When this is applied to multiple, machine-automated analysis techniques, threats and risks are exposed like never before.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter
- Supreme Court justices hold stock in tech vendors, other firms
- There's even an app for dogs and cats scared of fireworks
- Microsoft confirms 'waves' roll-out of Windows 10
- How Instagram spots a trend
- Longtime Microsoft partner Yahoo tests search with Google
- Third build of Windows 10 in one week a sign of OS stability
- GM to offer teen driver tracking to parents
- Scott McNealy sees gold in the hills of social data
- Sprint drops 600 Kbps video-streaming limit after outcry
- Bevy of cheap LTE smartphones on the way, Qualcomm says
- Config error at Boston-area hosting company takes down Reddit, others
- Intel shuffles ranks, President Renée James to exit
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda to back hydrogen fuel cell infrastructure
- Attackers abuse legacy routing protocol to amplify distributed denial-of-service attacks