SIEM - News, Features, and Slideshows
I have told you about the need to tune our security incident and event monitoring (SIEM) tool. Now we need to tune the analysts who are monitoring the SIEM.
By By Mathias Thurman | 28 August, 2014 22:46
Marketers at Domino's Pizza are gaining new and more immediate insights into online coupon usage from an unexpected source: a security management tool used by the national chain's IT department.
By Ellen Messmer | 24 October, 2013 19:08
ForeScout Technologies Tuesday introduced technology that allows other security vendors as well as third parties such as systems integrators to share monitoring and security-related information directly with ForeScout's CounterAct network-access control product.
By Ellen Messmer | 15 October, 2013 21:56
McAfee has unveiled a security appliance it calls McAfee Advanced Threat Defense which uses sandboxing technology to open incoming files to safely "explode" them to see if they contain stealthy malware.
By Ellen Messmer | 02 October, 2013 18:04
HP today took the wraps off its Next-Generation Firewall line designed to exert application-level controls and visibility over all traffic related to the enterprise, including mobile devices used in public WiFi settings and traffic from cloud services.
By Ellen Messmer | 17 September, 2013 14:26
It's been over a year since I last wrote about my security information and event management (SIEM) platform -- and a lot has happened since then. Back then, I wrote, "Now that my SIEM has been in operation for several months, I've become completely dependent on it, not only for security monitoring, but also for overall awareness of my network."
By By J.F. Rice | 05 March, 2015 23:14
Whitepapers about SIEM
Protecting against today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape requires broad and deep visibility across the entire IT environment. Threats and risks arrive from many angles and evidence of their existence can be found within existing log and machine data. Deeper, essential visibility is gained through targeted host and network forensic monitoring. When this is applied to multiple, machine-automated analysis techniques, threats and risks are exposed like never before.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This infographic looks at the current backup and recovery practices of IT managers and CIOs as well as their predictions and plans to protect their valuable information for the future. Find out: How much and where data in organisations is growing the fastest, the top 5 back up challenges organisations are facing and what the road ahead holds for backup and recovery strategies.
- Darkode cybercrime forum might be making a comeback
- Motorola launches 3 new Android phones with 'amazing value'
- Google: Lock up your Compute Engine data with your own encryption keys
- Microsoft starts pre-loading Windows 10 upgrade onto PCs
- Intel, Micron claim a new class of memory between flash and DRAM
- Groups urge Obama to oppose cyberthreat sharing bills
- EU privacy watchdog weighs in on data protection reform, shares concerns
- IDC cuts forecast for mobile management software sales
- Google tells its publisher partners to comply with EU cookie directive
- Xen patches new virtual-machine escape vulnerability
- What you can learn from Nordstrom's use of the cloud
- Windows 10 roll-out will break Internet traffic records
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 28
- Test like crazy for Java happiness, report says
- OnePlus refines its successful formula with new phone