sip - News, Features, and Slideshows
A transition from analog to IP telephony in mid-2011 enhanced the Hobsons Bay City Council’s ability to communicate with constituents. Customer service manager, Suzanne Paterson, said the council plans to add Web chat to open a further channel for customer interaction.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2012 11:36
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
By Brad Reed | 29 March, 2011 08:49
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
By Rodney Gedda | 07 December, 2010 07:23
Session Initiation Protocol will remain the driver of innovation in unified communications for the next decade, putting it on par with TCP/IP as a networking game changer, Avaya's CEO told an overflow crowd at his Interop keynote address Tuesday.
By Tim Greene | 28 April, 2010 05:57
Unified communications vendor, ShoreTel. has announced interoperability with the beta version of Skype for SIP, enabling voice calls via Skype with a ShoreTel UC system and Skype users can now contact ShoreTel telephone systems for free via a Web-based click-to-call service.
By Rodney Gedda | 10 September, 2009 10:21
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 October, 2009 10:53
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Feds arrest Florida man who allegedly conned Apple out of $309K
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- French fight the death of OpenVMS
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Smart locker application wins first place at BattleHack Sydney
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Consumer group decries government's anti-piracy plans
- Data retention: Industry reiterates warning on costs
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
- Vodafone uses low-band to boost 4G coverage
- NICTA pushes seL4 microkernel beyond drones
- ACMA signs online child abuse notification scheme with police
- Testbed will help clouds and networks shake hands