sip - News, Features, and Slideshows
A transition from analog to IP telephony in mid-2011 enhanced the Hobsons Bay City Council’s ability to communicate with constituents. Customer service manager, Suzanne Paterson, said the council plans to add Web chat to open a further channel for customer interaction.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2012 11:36
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
By Brad Reed | 29 March, 2011 08:49
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
By Rodney Gedda | 07 December, 2010 07:23
Session Initiation Protocol will remain the driver of innovation in unified communications for the next decade, putting it on par with TCP/IP as a networking game changer, Avaya's CEO told an overflow crowd at his Interop keynote address Tuesday.
By Tim Greene | 28 April, 2010 05:57
Unified communications vendor, ShoreTel. has announced interoperability with the beta version of Skype for SIP, enabling voice calls via Skype with a ShoreTel UC system and Skype users can now contact ShoreTel telephone systems for free via a Web-based click-to-call service.
By Rodney Gedda | 10 September, 2009 10:21
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 October, 2009 10:53
Securities firms must navigate a range of opportunities and pitfalls to stay ahead of the competition. You have to deliver services across multiple devices and platforms, day and night, to both customers and employees. Unless these services deliver the latest, most accurate information, traders and firms can quickly lose the edge to competitors—along with revenue opportunities.
- How hackers accidentally sold a pre-release XBox One to the FBI
- In brief: Steve Baxter re-joins Vocus Communications board
- Google shakes up cloud services market with another price cut
- 4G email scam targets Telstra customers
- Twitter invests in MIT lab focused on online social movements
- 12 telecom providers violate TCP code
- St John Ambulance WA to deploy IP communications
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Wikileaks accuses intelligence watchdog of misleading Senate inquiry
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy