sip - News, Features, and Slideshows
A transition from analog to IP telephony in mid-2011 enhanced the Hobsons Bay City Council’s ability to communicate with constituents. Customer service manager, Suzanne Paterson, said the council plans to add Web chat to open a further channel for customer interaction.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2012 11:36
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
By Brad Reed | 29 March, 2011 08:49
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
By Rodney Gedda | 07 December, 2010 07:23
Session Initiation Protocol will remain the driver of innovation in unified communications for the next decade, putting it on par with TCP/IP as a networking game changer, Avaya's CEO told an overflow crowd at his Interop keynote address Tuesday.
By Tim Greene | 28 April, 2010 05:57
Unified communications vendor, ShoreTel. has announced interoperability with the beta version of Skype for SIP, enabling voice calls via Skype with a ShoreTel UC system and Skype users can now contact ShoreTel telephone systems for free via a Web-based click-to-call service.
By Rodney Gedda | 10 September, 2009 10:21
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 October, 2009 10:53
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Many organisations leverage a hybrid cloud & on-premise architecture, but one of their major challenges is ensuring users can seamlessly move around the environment while still maintaining consistent control and security policy between on-premise and cloud services.
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy