sip - News, Features, and Slideshows
A transition from analog to IP telephony in mid-2011 enhanced the Hobsons Bay City Council’s ability to communicate with constituents. Customer service manager, Suzanne Paterson, said the council plans to add Web chat to open a further channel for customer interaction.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2012 11:36
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
By Brad Reed | 29 March, 2011 08:49
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
By Rodney Gedda | 07 December, 2010 07:23
Session Initiation Protocol will remain the driver of innovation in unified communications for the next decade, putting it on par with TCP/IP as a networking game changer, Avaya's CEO told an overflow crowd at his Interop keynote address Tuesday.
By Tim Greene | 28 April, 2010 05:57
Unified communications vendor, ShoreTel. has announced interoperability with the beta version of Skype for SIP, enabling voice calls via Skype with a ShoreTel UC system and Skype users can now contact ShoreTel telephone systems for free via a Web-based click-to-call service.
By Rodney Gedda | 10 September, 2009 10:21
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Christopher Smith, VP of enterprise communications and unified communications, Level 3 | 18 February, 2015 01:39
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 October, 2009 10:53
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield