sip - News, Features, and Slideshows
A transition from analog to IP telephony in mid-2011 enhanced the Hobsons Bay City Council’s ability to communicate with constituents. Customer service manager, Suzanne Paterson, said the council plans to add Web chat to open a further channel for customer interaction.
By Adam Bender | 05 November, 2012 11:36
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
By Brad Reed | 29 March, 2011 08:49
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
By Rodney Gedda | 07 December, 2010 07:23
Session Initiation Protocol will remain the driver of innovation in unified communications for the next decade, putting it on par with TCP/IP as a networking game changer, Avaya's CEO told an overflow crowd at his Interop keynote address Tuesday.
By Tim Greene | 28 April, 2010 05:57
Unified communications vendor, ShoreTel. has announced interoperability with the beta version of Skype for SIP, enabling voice calls via Skype with a ShoreTel UC system and Skype users can now contact ShoreTel telephone systems for free via a Web-based click-to-call service.
By Rodney Gedda | 10 September, 2009 10:21
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Christopher Smith, VP of enterprise communications and unified communications, Level 3 | 18 February, 2015 01:39
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 October, 2009 10:53
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Future Group, a major player in India’s retail sector, was looking to be more competitive wish faster time to market and better security. This case study outlines: •How they achieved solid security in the complex management of a huge number of desktops •Which benefits they received, the hardware and storage used as well as the applications delivered •Gave back control to the company, reducing IT costs and maximising end-user experience for all
- In Pictures: Drones behaving badly
- In Pictures: New Cisco CEO: Meet the real Chuck Robbins
- iiNet board swings behind TPG’s new buyout offer
- In Pictures: How Chambers kept a high profile
- Apple security program, MacKeeper, celebrates difficult birthday
- In Pictures: 11 must-have Apple Watch apps
- Nvidia's shift away from mobile devices cuts modem unit
- FCC asks how LTE can share the airwaves with Wi-Fi
- Economist: The Internet of Things will deliver surge of productivity
- Speedy servers with Intel's 18-core chips, DDR4 memory hit the market
- Chrome reaches major user share milestone, climbs above 25%
- Microsoft boasts that new tool will control Amazon's cloud, too
- Android squeaks by iOS in mobile ad revenues
- Want to buy SAP software? There's an app (store) for that
- Microsoft SQL Server stretches into the cloud