slideshow - News, Features, and Slideshows
Startups flock to DEMO with stand-out products.
By Colin Neagle | 20 November, 2014 08:27
From Apple to Amazon to Microsoft to Twitter, the names of some of the world's most popular tech companies tend to have interesting and significant backstories.
By Yoni Heisler | 18 November, 2014 09:57
The National Santa Agency has a handle on what everyone wants.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2014 09:43
If your old workhorse of a PC is starting to slow down in its old age, these low (or no-) cost tricks can help put some pep in its processing step.
By Brad Chacos | 11 November, 2014 08:51
Don’t think email security is important? Here are six everyday scenarios where many businesses loosely send sensitive and confidential content and files over unsecure email.
By Network World staff | 06 November, 2014 08:50
There are right ways for companies to use social media, and there are wrong ways. These 12 horror stories, spotlighted by a set of digital marketing professionals, are perfect examples of what organizations should never (ever) do on social sites.
By James A. Martin | 31 October, 2014 09:24
These 20 essential apps work on all three platforms, helping you stay productive no matter what device you or your co-workers use.
By JR Raphael | 28 October, 2014 08:52
Seasoned business travelers share their favorite Android and iOS apps for booking flights and hotels, navigating airports and unfamiliar cities, staying in touch while on the move, and much more.
By James A. Martin | 21 October, 2014 09:08
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
A new acronym has been defined for the solutions that address this space: Application Aware Network Performance Management (AANPM). Gartner Group has now begun tracking this as a new sector, which they have termed Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics, and are developing a Magic Quadrant on the solutions available. This White Paper examines the need for AANPM and how it helps organisations to optimise the performance of business critical applications while speeding up network and application trouble-shooting and minimising downtime.
- Twitter parody of North Korea's mouthpiece not afraid to crow over Sony's capitulation
- Three ways enterprise software is changing
- Google may launch Android Auto, making your car a big mobile device
- After FBI blames North Korea for Sony attack, now what?
- T-Mobile to pay $90M for unauthorized charges on customers' bills
- Buckle up IT: The enterprise needs you for cloud adoption
- Companies battle for control of Italy's national fiber network
- Obama promises response on Sony hack, says pulling movie was mistake
- Microsoft hits Windows tech support scammers with lawsuit
- Trojan program based on ZeuS targets 150 banks, can hijack webcams
- In 2015, EU aims to sweep away old rules on data protection and copyright
- FBI concludes North Korea 'responsible' for Sony hack
- What we know about North Korea's cyberarmy
- Cyberattack on German steel factory causes 'massive damage'
- Blackberry reports falling revenue, but loss shrinks