slideshow - News, Features, and Slideshows
A look back at the most memorable tech-related happenings of 1990.
By Paul McNamara | 21 January, 2015 08:27
SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
By Tom Henderson | 20 January, 2015 08:23
What did IBM do to celebrate the mainframe’s 51st birthday? Reinvented the Big Iron basically.
By Michael Cooney | 15 January, 2015 08:57
This slideshow has very little to do with IT. But it's really staggering to see just how stupid some people can be. Sickles, grenades, blasting machines and cannon barrels just a few items in your fellow travellers carry-ons.
By Michael Cooney | 14 January, 2015 08:27
Startups flock to DEMO with stand-out products.
By Colin Neagle | 20 November, 2014 08:27
From Apple to Amazon to Microsoft to Twitter, the names of some of the world's most popular tech companies tend to have interesting and significant backstories.
By Yoni Heisler | 18 November, 2014 09:57
The National Santa Agency has a handle on what everyone wants.
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2014 09:43
If your old workhorse of a PC is starting to slow down in its old age, these low (or no-) cost tricks can help put some pep in its processing step.
By Brad Chacos | 11 November, 2014 08:51
Don’t think email security is important? Here are six everyday scenarios where many businesses loosely send sensitive and confidential content and files over unsecure email.
By Network World staff | 06 November, 2014 08:50
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- What is home automation and how do I get started?
- FTC: IRS imposter complaints up more than 2,300% in 2014
- What can I do with home automation?
- Broward County rolls out its own fiber ring, shifts to VoIP
- Apple Watch to go on sale in March, claims analyst
- AT&T to acquire Nextel Mexico assets for $1.9 billion
- Facebook in Turkey ordered to block material insulting Prophet Muhammad
- Motorola returns to China, touts phone customization
- The standardized PC served its purpose, but IT changes have rendered the approach obsolete
- Our bullet-proof LAN failed. Here's what we learned
- Modular smartphones could be reused as computer clusters
- Adobe pushes critical Flash Player update to fix latest zero-day
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, January 26
- Facebook privacy class action suit to kick off in April
- Logitech expands video/audio gear for meeting rooms