slideshow - News, Features, and Slideshows
You probably either love Twitter for its quirkiness and brevity or see it as a pointless waste of time. After nearly a decade on the social scene, Twitter still needs to improve its user experience and fill in notable gaps in the service. These seven problems are long overdue for a fix.
By Matt Kapko | 03 July, 2015 08:31
Cooking, learning language and doing the laundry are a few of the human skills demonstrated by.real humanoid bots featured in the National Geographic movie Robots.
By Tim Greene | 01 July, 2015 08:41
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
By Ann Bednarz | 19 June, 2015 09:22
These eight large companies ditched the boring old cubicles for modern, open workspaces in an effort to both attract new millennial workers and retain key existing employees.
By Lauren Brousell | 19 June, 2015 09:14
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
By Phil Johnson | 19 June, 2015 09:10
As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattacks.
By Paul Mah | 12 June, 2015 08:41
Love him or hate him, you have to admit that the founder of the free software movement isn’t shy about sharing his opinions on things he finds objectionable.
By Phil Johnson | 12 June, 2015 08:32
Tabbed Windows. A customizable login screen. Tens of thousands of votes have poured in for these features and more, but time's running out for these features to make it into Windows 10's launch version.
By Mark Hachman | 11 June, 2015 08:34
We’ve collected several tips for Microsoft’s popular tablet computer.
By Howard Wen | 10 June, 2015 08:49
Security issues are darkening the future of home automation and the Internet of things
By Glenn McDonald | 10 June, 2015 08:45
From Android M to Google Photos to the updates to Google Play, here are the most important announcements at Google I/O 2015.
By Yoni Heisler | 01 June, 2015 09:26
Check out what actually happened at Google’s big annual shindig in San Francisco.
By Jon Gold | 01 June, 2015 09:21
Trailblazing into the healthcare marketplace, these 10 tech start-ups are bridging the gap between healthcare and technology to build a better, safer and more inclusive healthcare experience.
By Sarah K. White | 27 May, 2015 09:03
These are great! But be patient, 'cause they need a bit more time to be fully baked.
By Brad Chacos | 20 May, 2015 09:30
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
When implementing a new BYO program, you might need to modify existing policies and create new user agreements that help obtain employee acceptance of new policies. This whitepaper looks at the best practices for creating these policies that can help you construct your own successful user agreement for Desktop Workspace or another BYO solution.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter