slideshow - News, Features, and Slideshows
We’re talking Pluto, Earth 2.0, Brain algorithms, software coding and tons more.
By Michael Cooney | 28 July, 2015 09:19
Wireless charging is starting to make headlines, with companies like Samsung pushing the technology in its Galaxy line of smartphones. But did you know wireless charging goes back as far as the early 1900s?
By Sarah K. White | 27 July, 2015 08:16
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
By Ian Paul | 24 July, 2015 08:30
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
By Josh Fruhlinger | 22 July, 2015 08:53
Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
By Macworld Staff | 22 July, 2015 08:49
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
By JR Raphael | 20 July, 2015 08:22
The retail giant's connected-home concept store in San Francisco showcases dozens of cool IoT products for the home, but buyers are still on their own.
By Fredric Paul | 16 July, 2015 08:19
Eight years since its debut, Apple's iPhone has changed and conquered the smartphone market. Here are some interesting facts you might not know about the iPhone.
By Yoni Heisler | 15 July, 2015 09:11
From satellite swarms to interstellar subs NASA is advancing transformative aerospace projects.
By Michael Cooney | 09 July, 2015 07:49
You probably either love Twitter for its quirkiness and brevity or see it as a pointless waste of time. After nearly a decade on the social scene, Twitter still needs to improve its user experience and fill in notable gaps in the service. These seven problems are long overdue for a fix.
By Matt Kapko | 03 July, 2015 08:31
Cooking, learning language and doing the laundry are a few of the human skills demonstrated by.real humanoid bots featured in the National Geographic movie Robots.
By Tim Greene | 01 July, 2015 08:41
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
By Ann Bednarz | 19 June, 2015 09:22
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)