social media - News, Features, and Slideshows
social media in pictures
Users are getting greater choice over what information is shared with websites and apps when they log in using their Facebook ID.
By Zach Miners | 01 May, 2015 08:30
Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
By Zach Miners | 30 April, 2015 06:23
Soon, when you do a search on your iPhone for someone's contact info, a recent tweet from them might also pop up.
By Zach Miners | 29 April, 2015 10:40
Twitter failed to meet revenue estimates for the first quarter, and is lowering its expectations for the rest of the year, due to weaker than expected performance of some of its ads products, the company said Tuesday.
By Zach Miners | 29 April, 2015 06:44
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Whitepapers about social media
The CMO Council has partnered with SAP to bring you this report on how to map the operational gap in customer insight and experience, including detailed findings from a 32-question online audit of 245 senior marketing executives across 16 countries.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Migrating services to an IaaS provider and reaping the benefits of the cloud can be painless for employees and customers alike – but you need a migration solution that doesn’t introduces complexities or poor user experience – otherwise it can be painful. •Learn the key to delivering on a hybrid architecture: the creation of a consistent and simple-to-consume environment •Understand how hybrid cloud solutions automate and orchestrate the deployment of application services across both traditional and cloud infrastructures •Decide which applications are better for public or private IaaS providers
- Why you should pay attention to Microsoft's Windows 10 revenue deferral
- Cisco names senior VP Robbins as new CEO to replace Chambers
- Researchers play cat and mouse with Google's anti-phishing Chrome extension
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, May 4
- Facebook's Internet.org opens platform to other online services
- Uber's China business could face more regulatory trouble, following police raid
- Microsoft fleshes out 'Windows as a service' revenue strategy
- US reviews use of cellphone spying technology
- Telco organisation cries foul over journo's 'metadata' victory
- Government, finance organisations top Deloitte privacy index
- HP promises warranty on overclocked desktops popular with gamers
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino warns of possible payment card hack
- Website privacy policies too long, says privacy commissioner
- Westpac makes $84m from digital sales
- AGL's CFO to lead tech at energy company