social media - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Yahoo Mail still down for some users, after an attempted fix
- Uber, Airbnb go after businesses
- Facebook to require Messenger app for mobile chat
social media in pictures
After years of cajoling their users into sharing every thought, emotion and selfie, online firms are seeing that providing more private online spaces might also be profitable.
By Zach Miners | 31 July, 2014 21:04
Facebook sparked criticism over a study in which it manipulated the feeds of some of its users, but the dating site OkCupid says what Facebook did is normal, and that in fact it has run its own user-behavior tests.
By Zach Miners | 29 July, 2014 05:41
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Facebook may be shelling out $19 billion in cash and stock for the messaging company WhatsApp to stanch the departure of younger users from the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 February, 2014 19:54
Whitepapers about social media
The CMO Council has partnered with SAP to bring you this report on how to map the operational gap in customer insight and experience, including detailed findings from a 32-question online audit of 245 senior marketing executives across 16 countries.
Many organisations leverage a hybrid cloud & on-premise architecture, but one of their major challenges is ensuring users can seamlessly move around the environment while still maintaining consistent control and security policy between on-premise and cloud services.
- Qi wireless charging spec gets more flexibility with distance extension
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- 25G driving Ethernet switch market to $25B
- Great privacy essay: Fourth Amendment Doctrine in the Era of Total Surveillance
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas
- Congress okays upgrade of VA's 29-year-old software
- Hacker group targets video game companies to steal source code
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
- EC stepping up antitrust inquiry into Google, Android
- Xbox One's high price in China draws complaints, but likely buyers too
- Vision-correcting display nixes your need for eyeglasses
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Facebook app gives free Internet to mobile users in Zambia