social media - News, Features, and Slideshows
social media in pictures
If ads on Twitter weren't annoying enough, some will start asking for your credit card info, in the hopes you'll load up on store discounts.
By Zach Miners | 26 November, 2014 05:08
Silicon Valley-based ride-sharing company Uber is looking eastward to inject some wisdom into how it handles user data.
By Zach Miners | 21 November, 2014 08:03
Mozilla has picked Yahoo to be the default search engine for its Firefox browser in the U.S., deposing Google in a new five-year partnership announced on Wednesday.
By Zach Miners | 20 November, 2014 10:26
If Facebook launches a social network for the workplace, CIOs will have to decide whether they can get past Facebook's history of privacy issues.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 November, 2014 08:49
Need to get in touch with old college friends or some of your work buddies when you're on the run?
By Sharon Gaudin | 19 November, 2014 14:51
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Whitepapers about social media
The CMO Council has partnered with SAP to bring you this report on how to map the operational gap in customer insight and experience, including detailed findings from a 32-question online audit of 245 senior marketing executives across 16 countries.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
The most basic network attacks attempt to overwhelm a defensive device with sheer volumes of traffic. Sometimes these volumetric attacks are designed to overload the connections-per-second (CPS) capacity (e.g., the ramp-up rate). Learn how to mitigate DDoS attacks
- HP's former CEO Carly Fiorina explores GOP presidential run
- 5 ways to tell a cloud poser from a cloud pro
- EU wants Google to apply 'right to be forgotten' delistings to global .com domain
- What to consider when negotiating a hybrid cloud SLA
- US lawmakers to Europe: Don't break up Google
- Mozilla unveils search tool tweaks in next week's Firefox 34
- Hacking Team surveillance malware masquerades as legitimate bookmark manager
- UK network BT mulls mobile return to fuel quad-play competition
- EU sees harmonizing telecoms and online content rules key to €315B economic growth plan
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Here's why hydrogen-fueled cars aren't little Hindenburgs
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- ASIC chief calls for focus on 'cyber resilience'
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads