social media - News, Features, and Slideshows
social media in pictures
Every major social network is a mixed bag of good qualities and bad. For example, the best quality of Twitter might be its limit on the length of tweets, which enables you to follow many people and organizations without getting bogged down in long-winded, complicated posts.
By Mike Elgan | 20 October, 2014 21:38
Ads are officially coming to Snapchat, in a form the company says is not "targeted," but Snapchat's own terms of service suggest it could do something very much like that.
By Zach Miners | 18 October, 2014 09:21
What a tease. Image hosting company Twitpic will in fact shut down on Oct. 25, the firm said Thursday -- a surprising development after it previously said an acquisition would save it from death.
By Zach Miners | 17 October, 2014 10:28
Anyone with a burning question about the European Union's upcoming tech agenda has the chance to get an answer during a Twitter chat on Wednesday with Andrus Ansip, who could soon be the European Commission's Vice-President of the Digital Single Market.
By Loek Essers | 15 October, 2014 00:05
Facebook is preparing to launch a mobile app that would enable users to interact online anonymously.
By Sharon Gaudin | 14 October, 2014 06:01
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Facebook may be shelling out $19 billion in cash and stock for the messaging company WhatsApp to stanch the departure of younger users from the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 February, 2014 19:54
Whitepapers about social media
The CMO Council has partnered with SAP to bring you this report on how to map the operational gap in customer insight and experience, including detailed findings from a 32-question online audit of 245 senior marketing executives across 16 countries.
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- Microsoft sued as lawsuits over employee no-poach deal mount
- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
- iiNet back in court over P2P file sharing
- Cisco said to be selling most of VCE stake to EMC
- Symantec sees rise in high-traffic DDoS attacks
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Section 313: Federal police used website blocking to tackle malware
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- Microsoft warns of Windows zero-day; hackers serve exploits in PowerPoint files
- Yahoo squeezes out some growth
- Ford wants to keep drivers alert on the long road to autonomous cars
- Kii offers an on-ramp to the Internet of Things
- Bunnings drives productivity with iPod Touch rollout
- NFC chip implants: First Apple, now this guy
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center