Softbank - News, Features, and Slideshows
The most striking thing about Sprint's upcoming Aquos Crystal smartphone only becomes clear when you turn its camera on.
By Tim Hornyak | 19 August, 2014 22:49
Throughout Japan, an army of workers stands ready to ensure important messages are delivered as quickly as possible. But they don't work in data centers maintaining email servers. They deliver telegrams.
By Tim Hornyak | 14 August, 2014 05:16
Marcelo Claure, Sprint's incoming CEO, knows how to corner a market and make billions doing behind-the-scenes tasks that are pretty unglamorous -- except when he's on stage with J. Lo.
By Stephen Lawson | 07 August, 2014 11:01
Mobile carrier Sprint faces an uncertain future after announcing it is replacing long-time CEO Dan Hesse and reportedly abandoning its bid to by competitor T-Mobile USA.
By Grant Gross | 07 August, 2014 02:19
If you're on the lookout for the personal robot of your dreams, the cute French robot Nao just got a performance boost.
By Tim Hornyak | 20 June, 2014 21:27
If the thought of a humanoid robot in your home makes your skin crawl, meet the friendly Pepper.
By Tim Hornyak | 05 June, 2014 18:25
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
By Grant Gross | 30 May, 2014 03:24
Japanese mobile carrier Softbank posted solid earnings for the year to March 31 on Wednesday, with net profit up 34 percent.
By Tim Hornyak | 07 May, 2014 21:02
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
By Grant Gross | 11 March, 2014 19:14
The fledgling Tizen smartphone OS has managed to attract 15 new backers, three of which are big name brands in Asia, including the Chinese search giant Baidu, handset maker ZTE, and Japanese mobile operator SoftBank Mobile.
By Michael Kan | 13 February, 2014 11:35
Android represented more than half of US smartphone sales in the last quarter of 2013, while the iPhone's share dropped to 43.9 per cent from nearly 50 per cent the prior year, Kantar WorldPanel ComTech said.
By Matt Hamblen | 27 January, 2014 21:08
Japanese conglomerate SoftBank and German carrier Deutsche Telekom are close to a deal that would merge T-Mobile US with Sprint, eliminating one of the four major mobile competitors in the U.S., according to the Nikkei news agency.
By Stephen Lawson | 24 December, 2013 21:40
Fresh from its acquisition of Sprint, Japan's SoftBank plans to take control of Brightstar, the dominant distributor of mobile devices in the U.S. and a global player serving more than 200 carriers.
By Stephen Lawson | 18 October, 2013 19:35
Smart companies use DevOps to speed the rollout and quality of new apps and services to market. Read this report to see the findings from a survey of 1300 global IT leaders, including the real benefits a good DevOps strategy can bring to your business.
- Small businesses seek to take off with the cloud
- Acer releases its own Chromebox, bringing the Google OS to desktops
- As sales deadline approaches, OEMs continue to push Windows 7 PCs to consumers
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series
- Symantec opens $12m Sydney office
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- Data#3 revenue rises to $833.5m
- Turnbull earmarks 3.5GHz band for NBN fixed wireless
- Global Switch opens $300m Sydney East data centre
- Analysis of tweets around Ferguson shows Twitter's quick grip on the news
- NBN helps iiNet return to organic customer growth
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
- Tablets priced under $35 on the horizon
- VMware acquires CloudVolumes for faster virtual app delivery