software - News, Features, and Slideshows
software in pictures
Microsoft has begun to deliver the Windows 10 upgrade to eligible Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs through Windows Update.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 February, 2016 06:40
3D printer maker Stratasys today announced that users can now design and print objects with more than 1,000 colors through Photoshop.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 February, 2016 07:27
The worldwide market for public Cloud systems is projected to hit $US204 billion this year, a 16.5 per cent increase over the $US175 billion market in 2015, according to analyst firm Gartner.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 January, 2016 22:29
Dell is opening up its network operating system, one step toward a data-center OS that could help enterprises emulate cloud companies like Google and Facebook.
By Stephen Lawson | 21 January, 2016 07:16
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for Windows 10.
By Agam Shah | 20 January, 2016 05:29
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Bernard Golden | 14 August, 2015 04:18
Windows 10 has been one of the most anticipated Windows releases in Microsoft history -- especially given the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2948467/emerging-technology/good-riddance-windows-8.html">issues with Windows 8</a>, the result of Microsoft's decision to build an operating system that works on both touch and non-touch systems.
By Preston Gralla | 31 July, 2015 20:35
The buzz today may be all about Office 2016 for Windows, which is due to be released this fall, but many business users are still getting acquainted with Office 2013 and will continue to use it for some time. Use this Word 2013 cheat sheet to help take advantage of all it has to offer.
By Preston Gralla | 01 July, 2015 01:42
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By John Abbett, Director of Advanced Technology Services, CentriLogic | 06 June, 2015 01:07
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 October, 2015 19:58
Objective-C may no longer be the stylish language choice for Apple iOS and Mac OS development -- that mantle is being assumed by Swift, <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/2929599/application-development/believe-it-or-not-swift-debuted-a-year-ago-today.html">introduced in mid-2014</a>. But proponents of Objective-C don't expect it to go away quietly anytime soon.
By Paul Krill | 11 August, 2015 20:09
HTML5 has been billed as the natural, standards-based successor to proprietary plug-ins such as Adobe's Flash Player for providing rich multimedia services on the Web. But when it comes to security, one of Flash's major weaknesses, HTML5 is no panacea.
By Paul Krill | 07 August, 2015 01:23
Whitepapers about software
With fraud costing the property and casualty industry $30 billion each year in the US alone, reducing fraud opportunities will contribute to a company's bottom line immediately and reduce risk exposure. Find out in this case study how a company is able to have real time access to 60 plus years of adjuster claim notes data and how they were able to enhance their warehouse environment.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy