sophos - News, Features, and Slideshows
sophos in pictures
Sophos generally steers clear of pointing to a single patch from Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, but is breaking its own rule this month by highlighting one it says can prevent a world of hurt.
By Tim Greene | 17 April, 2015 01:25
For the Cleveland Indians' IT department, dealing with malware on behalf of hundreds of Windows-using employees at the baseball team's Progressive Field data center operations can be a little bit like a pitcher facing a stacked batting line-up: a constant battle.
By Ellen Messmer | 27 August, 2014 04:55
Don't worry, you're not the only one with more questions than answers about the 1.2 billion user credentials amassed by Russian hackers.
By Martyn Williams | 07 August, 2014 09:55
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
By Lucian Constantin | 31 July, 2014 02:38
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Over the past several years, we’ve seen business requirements rapidly evolve and technologies continue to advance, yet the way many companies approach disaster recovery remains at a standstill. Tolerance for downtime is at an all-time low, and many organizations — and particularly their users — expect IT services to be “always-on.” Meanwhile, new virtualization and automation technologies have emerged that can help fill gaps in continuity plans, but many organizations have been slow to adopt them, thus widening the gap between business expectations and IT realities.
- Suncorp's cloud transformation on track
- Rubrik adds $41m in funding, releases backup appliance
- At Google I/O, Android may push deeper into the home
- In Pictures: Seven best practices for cloud security
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - Which classic Microsoft default apps should be killed?
- In Pictures: 10 start-ups that are disrupting healthcare IT
- Oculus acquires image recognition startup Surreal Vision
- Thieves stole data on 100,000 US taxpayers through IRS app
- Private, insulting tweet gets Italian senator sued
- Android M, wearables and robots expected at Google I/O this week
- Microsoft green-lights Cortana on rivals iOS and Android
- HP buying SDN company for NFV
- Research community looks to SDN to help distribute data from the Large Hadron Collider
- Researchers claim to boost cell-phone battery life with radio signals
- China, Android to be hardest hit in coming smartphone slump