startups - News, Features, and Slideshows
- CurrencyFair: A P2P platform for currency exchange
- Drones to deliver parcels in Australia starting in March
- Australian startup snapshot: Cloud Awakening
startups in pictures
Coming off a huge year in venture capital investing, the bar has been set high for 2015. But network and computing startups, focused in areas such as the cloud, security and mobile, promise to reap big dollars from investors this year as well. Here's a running timeline of startup investments, with an emphasis on those of interest to enterprise IT pros.
By Bob Brown | 24 January, 2015 02:18
Startups have slammed the entrepreneurship policies of the Queensland Coalition government ahead of the state election on 31 January.
By Adam Bender | 21 January, 2015 14:48
Read how Perth-based safety footwear manufacturer, Steel Blue, was able to cut costs with shipping and improve efficiency while meeting the growing demand for their products as they expanded their national and export markets and increased their local market share, all thanks to a new ERP system.
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management
- Intuit backpedals from TurboTax changes after upgrade uproar
- Can't keep this bad boy down: ZeroAccess botnet back in business