startups - News, Features, and Slideshows
startups in pictures
Booking venue database startup Venuemob has added Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast to its existing markets in Sydney and Melbourne.
By Hamish Barwick | 29 July, 2015 13:46
Next-gen endpoint protection vendor CrowdStrike has landed $100 million in new investments to beef up sales and engineering and continue its push to make anti-virus software obsolete.
By Tim Greene | 18 July, 2015 07:15
PowerDialer.co, an online service designed to streamline contact centres' outbound calls, took the top spot at Startup Weekend Brisbane.
By Rohan Pearce | 15 July, 2015 09:59
Amidst all the venture investments this year in startups that generate gobs of data -- from those focused on everything from apps to drones to the Internet of Things to Big Data -- are a batch of newcomers aiming to help organizations store and access all that information. Yes, storage companies are pulling in big bucks in 2015, as they did in 2014, and a couple have even double-dipped this year and announced two rounds of funding.
By Bob Brown | 12 June, 2015 01:44
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
When implementing a new BYO program, you might need to modify existing policies and create new user agreements that help obtain employee acceptance of new policies. This whitepaper looks at the best practices for creating these policies that can help you construct your own successful user agreement for Desktop Workspace or another BYO solution.
- Java 9 plays catch-up, adds REPL for faster feedback
- Open-source startup hopes to change the way businesses visualize data
- This new 3D XPoint memory could last forever
- Windows 10 picks up good vibrations, user excitations
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 30
- Armed with Watson smarts, Pepper aspires to be a robot salesman
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
- Newcomer Cyanogen looks to disrupt Android and iOS
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Despite H-1B lottery, offshore firms dominate visa use
- Mimecast launches services from Australian data centres
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Fujitsu to spend $12.2m on West Sydney data centre upgrade
- 'Invisible' payments key to mobile success, says Braintree