Storage Management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
By Joab Jackson | 26 June, 2015 05:56
SanDisk today announced its first automotive grade NAND flash devices for next-generation 'connected cars' and auto infotainment systems.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 February, 2015 08:14
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
By Joab Jackson | 13 August, 2014 04:39
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 July, 2014 21:45
Dell released a new virtualized storage accelerator appliance called Fluid Cache for SAN on Tuesday, designed to help customers keep data-intensive applications working quickly under load.
By Jon Gold | 23 April, 2014 01:04
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
By Joab Jackson | 06 December, 2013 17:48
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
By Stephen Lawson | 15 October, 2013 12:00
Cloud-based or Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) shifts the actual data storage away from the hardware to the cloud where it can be accessed by a new class of storage controller or cloud gateway.
By Andres Rodriguez, Founder and CEO, Nasuni | 11 September, 2013 22:25
Druva chose to build the new private cloud edition of its inSync endpoint data protection using OpenStack because of its object storage functionality, but the increasingly popular cloud platform still needs to improve in some key areas, according to CEO Jaspreet Singh.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 15 August, 2013 14:20
For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
By Zach Miners | 10 July, 2013 00:34
Nasuni, which offers cloud integrated storage, has a nifty new feature that lets global companies manage all of their data from around the world on a single screen.
By Brandon Butler | 25 June, 2013 21:19
New data profiling technology makes it possible for organizations to reclaim storage capacity, archive data with business value, delete aged and abandoned data with no business value, tier content to other classes of storage and even manage storage charge backs with reliable statistics.
By Jim McGann, vice president, Index Engines | 21 June, 2013 16:19
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
This eBook provides a broad overview of micro-segmentation in the data centre. After reading this , you’ll have a good basic understanding of micro-segmentation — like you’d get from a college-level 101 class, but far more interesting than Microbiology 101 or Microeconomics 101 (and not as difficult either)!
- These are the fastest growing IT jobs
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together