Storage Management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
By Joab Jackson | 13 August, 2014 04:39
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 July, 2014 21:45
Dell released a new virtualized storage accelerator appliance called Fluid Cache for SAN on Tuesday, designed to help customers keep data-intensive applications working quickly under load.
By Jon Gold | 23 April, 2014 01:04
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
By Joab Jackson | 06 December, 2013 17:48
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
By Stephen Lawson | 15 October, 2013 12:00
Cloud-based or Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) shifts the actual data storage away from the hardware to the cloud where it can be accessed by a new class of storage controller or cloud gateway.
By Andres Rodriguez, Founder and CEO, Nasuni | 11 September, 2013 22:25
Druva chose to build the new private cloud edition of its inSync endpoint data protection using OpenStack because of its object storage functionality, but the increasingly popular cloud platform still needs to improve in some key areas, according to CEO Jaspreet Singh.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 15 August, 2013 14:20
For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
By Zach Miners | 10 July, 2013 00:34
Nasuni, which offers cloud integrated storage, has a nifty new feature that lets global companies manage all of their data from around the world on a single screen.
By Brandon Butler | 25 June, 2013 21:19
New data profiling technology makes it possible for organizations to reclaim storage capacity, archive data with business value, delete aged and abandoned data with no business value, tier content to other classes of storage and even manage storage charge backs with reliable statistics.
By Jim McGann, vice president, Index Engines | 21 June, 2013 16:19
Many enterprise storage systems include two or more types of hard disk drives, with data automatically moved between those two tiers of storage. The same concept has now been applied to two types of SSDs.
By Stephen Lawson | 05 June, 2013 21:27
As powerful and beneficial as flash storage can be, many organizations are overspending on capacity they don't need, deploying flash in the wrong places, and inefficiently spending on flash applications that are not appropriate for their real business objectives.
By Mohit Bhatnagar, senior director, flash product strategy, NetApp | 08 May, 2013 15:25
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
The way corporations operate around mobile devices is currently shifting—employees are starting to use their own devices for business purposes, rather than company-owned devices. With no direct control of the endpoints, IT departments have generally had to prohibit this or risk insecure access inside the firewall. But as more mobile devices appear on the corporate network, mobile device management has become a key IT initiative.
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour
- In Pictures: 15 Must-Have Android, iOS apps for business travelers
- In Pictures: 15 of the scariest things hacked
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- Mitel takes aim at Avaya with ShoreTel bid
- Microsoft goes all-in on hybrid Cloud with Azure-in-a-box
- Apple iOS 8.1 is here: Not your run of the mill Dot One release
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake