Storage Management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
By Joab Jackson | 13 August, 2014 04:39
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 July, 2014 21:45
Dell released a new virtualized storage accelerator appliance called Fluid Cache for SAN on Tuesday, designed to help customers keep data-intensive applications working quickly under load.
By Jon Gold | 23 April, 2014 01:04
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
By Joab Jackson | 06 December, 2013 17:48
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
By Stephen Lawson | 15 October, 2013 12:00
Cloud-based or Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) shifts the actual data storage away from the hardware to the cloud where it can be accessed by a new class of storage controller or cloud gateway.
By Andres Rodriguez, Founder and CEO, Nasuni | 11 September, 2013 22:25
Druva chose to build the new private cloud edition of its inSync endpoint data protection using OpenStack because of its object storage functionality, but the increasingly popular cloud platform still needs to improve in some key areas, according to CEO Jaspreet Singh.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 15 August, 2013 14:20
For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
By Zach Miners | 10 July, 2013 00:34
Nasuni, which offers cloud integrated storage, has a nifty new feature that lets global companies manage all of their data from around the world on a single screen.
By Brandon Butler | 25 June, 2013 21:19
New data profiling technology makes it possible for organizations to reclaim storage capacity, archive data with business value, delete aged and abandoned data with no business value, tier content to other classes of storage and even manage storage charge backs with reliable statistics.
By Jim McGann, vice president, Index Engines | 21 June, 2013 16:19
Many enterprise storage systems include two or more types of hard disk drives, with data automatically moved between those two tiers of storage. The same concept has now been applied to two types of SSDs.
By Stephen Lawson | 05 June, 2013 21:27
As powerful and beneficial as flash storage can be, many organizations are overspending on capacity they don't need, deploying flash in the wrong places, and inefficiently spending on flash applications that are not appropriate for their real business objectives.
By Mohit Bhatnagar, senior director, flash product strategy, NetApp | 08 May, 2013 15:25
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
TheInfoPro's unique Market Window uses IT professionals ratings of vendors on 14 separate criteria to calculate scores for Vendor Promise and Vendor Fulfillment, allowing comparison of vendors’ effectiveness at strategy, marketing, delivery and execution. In prior studies, this research appeared in the Vendor Performance report.
- German publishers capitulate and let Google post news snippets -- for now
- Abandoned subdomains pose security risk for businesses
- Vintage Apple-1 sells for a record $905K
- HP gives Moonshot server its first Xeon chip
- Australian ISP stands up to filmmakers hunting pirates
- 8 big trends in big data analytics
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Investor visa overhaul to boost venture capital for startups
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?