Storage Management - News, Features, and Slideshows
SanDisk today announced its first automotive grade NAND flash devices for next-generation 'connected cars' and auto infotainment systems.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 February, 2015 08:14
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
By Joab Jackson | 13 August, 2014 04:39
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 July, 2014 21:45
Dell released a new virtualized storage accelerator appliance called Fluid Cache for SAN on Tuesday, designed to help customers keep data-intensive applications working quickly under load.
By Jon Gold | 23 April, 2014 01:04
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
By Joab Jackson | 06 December, 2013 17:48
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
By Stephen Lawson | 15 October, 2013 12:00
Cloud-based or Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) shifts the actual data storage away from the hardware to the cloud where it can be accessed by a new class of storage controller or cloud gateway.
By Andres Rodriguez, Founder and CEO, Nasuni | 11 September, 2013 22:25
Druva chose to build the new private cloud edition of its inSync endpoint data protection using OpenStack because of its object storage functionality, but the increasingly popular cloud platform still needs to improve in some key areas, according to CEO Jaspreet Singh.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 15 August, 2013 14:20
For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
By Zach Miners | 10 July, 2013 00:34
Nasuni, which offers cloud integrated storage, has a nifty new feature that lets global companies manage all of their data from around the world on a single screen.
By Brandon Butler | 25 June, 2013 21:19
New data profiling technology makes it possible for organizations to reclaim storage capacity, archive data with business value, delete aged and abandoned data with no business value, tier content to other classes of storage and even manage storage charge backs with reliable statistics.
By Jim McGann, vice president, Index Engines | 21 June, 2013 16:19
Many enterprise storage systems include two or more types of hard disk drives, with data automatically moved between those two tiers of storage. The same concept has now been applied to two types of SSDs.
By Stephen Lawson | 05 June, 2013 21:27
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Databarracks wanted to provide better, faster, more reliable disaster recovery for customers—and at lower cost. This winning combination could provide a huge competitive advantage.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap
- Apple Watch mini-stores to open in London, Paris, Tokyo luxury retail shops