symantec - News, Features, and Slideshows
symantec in pictures
Symantec is selling its information management business, known as Veritas, to an investor group led by The Carlyle Group for US$8 billion as it looks to increase its focus on security.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 11 August, 2015 23:22
Smartphone sales increased substantially in the second quarter of 2015, but the rate of growth continued to slow, fueling concerns that the market has started to become saturated, according to a study released today by Juniper Research.
By Jon Gold | 31 July, 2015 03:01
The cyberespionage group that stole the personal records of millions of Americans from U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has also reportedly breached United Airlines.
By Lucian Constantin | 30 July, 2015 20:14
A group has been singled out as the attacker behind the recently disclosed hack against Anthem, believed to be the largest waged against a health care company.
By Fred O'Connor | 30 July, 2015 07:05
Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
By Jeremy Kirk | 17 July, 2015 13:49
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
At the entrance to The Vault, the most secure room within the most protected building operated by security services provider, Symantec, an iris recognition system stands guard as the last line of defense.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 30 September, 2013 14:33
Whitepapers about symantec
Cyber Attacks are painful and destructive. It’s essential to defend your business with a powerful protection system. In this whitepaper, you’ll learn how to get cyber resilient and safeguard your data: • Find out which questions you should ask to find a security solution that works with your business • Understand why your business is a bigger target than you thought • Learn how to protect your brand and bottom line by quickly detecting and responding to attacks
Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
Email archiving is a little bit like driving your reliable car. You expect it to operate smoothly, day after day, and do not necessarily plan for any crisis events such as a sudden engine failure. That is about the same perception many enterprises have about email. They don't worry about backup, about archiving, about eDiscovery, until, as one IT administrator said, something goes wrong. As the CIO whose diverse responsibilities includes budget control, cost avoidance, risk mitigation, data management and supporting the operational excellence of the enterprise as a whole, email archiving may not always be top of mind. Until something goes wrong. Read this whitepaper to learn how next-gen email archive delivers true business value.
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- FBI takes down alert on chip credit cards after bankers complain
- Firefox to drop old-tech plug-ins by end of 2016
- Meet the virtual woman who may take your job
- Dismal PC business contraction continues; no bounce yet from Windows 10
- Juniper Networks looking to go private?
- Display Dock for new Lumias will cost $99
- 3 Takeaways from Amazon’s re:Invent cloud conference
- AWS re:Invent and VMworld: A tale of two conferences
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic