symantec - News, Features, and Slideshows
symantec in pictures
It seems there can be further indignity foisted onto people who've had their iPad or iPhone stolen.
By Jeremy Kirk | 03 March, 2015 15:04
Researchers at the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) yesterday said that they had found evidence that implies attackers have exploited a security vulnerability in the Superfish adware and a slew of other programs.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 February, 2015 03:48
European law enforcement agencies seized command-and-control servers used by Ramnit, a malware program that steals online banking credentials, FTP passwords, session cookies and personal files from victims.
By Lucian Constantin | 26 February, 2015 06:07
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 24 February, 2015 23:21
A peer-to-peer botnet called ZeroAccess came out of a six-month hibernation this month after having survived two takedown attempts by law enforcement and security researchers.
By Lucian Constantin | 31 January, 2015 03:29
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
At the entrance to The Vault, the most secure room within the most protected building operated by security services provider, Symantec, an iris recognition system stands guard as the last line of defense.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 30 September, 2013 14:33
Whitepapers about symantec
Cyber Attacks are painful and destructive. It’s essential to defend your business with a powerful protection system. In this whitepaper, you’ll learn how to get cyber resilient and safeguard your data: • Find out which questions you should ask to find a security solution that works with your business • Understand why your business is a bigger target than you thought • Learn how to protect your brand and bottom line by quickly detecting and responding to attacks
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- In Pictures: The things end users do that drive IT teams crazy
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- China considering space-based solar power station
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- SDN management battle: TAPs vs. network packet brokers
- Google integrates Now with Chrome OS's app launcher
- Smartwatch shipments to catapult by 500% in 2015 on interest in Apple Watch
- 7 reasons why frameworks are the new programming languages