symantec - News, Features, and Slideshows
symantec in pictures
The hackers behind the Kelihos botnet are trying to capitalize on users' increased awareness about the security of Apple online accounts through a new phishing campaign.
By Lucian Constantin | 09 September, 2014 00:41
Google intends to make changes in its Chrome browser later this year that would have Chrome display a warning on websites using certificates based on the secure hash algorithm, SHA-1. Google wants to do this to get websites migrating to the stronger SHA-2 algorithm for certificates, which is not as easy to break through raw computing power.
By Ellen Messmer | 05 September, 2014 05:18
Cybercriminals are using a new information-stealing malware program to target companies from the automobile industry in Europe, security researchers warned.
By Lucian Constantin | 25 August, 2014 21:35
Start-up SentinelOne is offering security software for behavior-based malware detection intended to augment, not replace, the type of full anti-virus endpoint protection suites that typically also have signature-based defense, a firewall and other features.
By Ellen Messmer | 20 August, 2014 23:06
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2013 20:24
At the entrance to The Vault, the most secure room within the most protected building operated by security services provider, Symantec, an iris recognition system stands guard as the last line of defense.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 30 September, 2013 14:33
This whitepaper provides some frequently asked questions and important insights about private clouds, to help organisations discover how private clouds add value while maintaining simplicity, enabling automation and driving self-service.
- How hackers accidentally sold a pre-release XBox One to the FBI
- In brief: Steve Baxter re-joins Vocus Communications board
- Google shakes up cloud services market with another price cut
- 4G email scam targets Telstra customers
- Twitter invests in MIT lab focused on online social movements
- 12 telecom providers violate TCP code
- St John Ambulance WA to deploy IP communications
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Wikileaks accuses intelligence watchdog of misleading Senate inquiry
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy