tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
The Jolla Tablet, an open-source device that promises privacy, ease of use and comparable hardware to late-model Android tablets and iPads, has demolished its funding goals on IndieGoGo in just the first few days of its campaign.
By Jon Gold | 25 November, 2014 09:25
Microsoft has revealed a slew of Black Friday deals, including big cuts intended to move its iPad rival, the Surface Pro 3 tablet.
By Bob Brown | 21 November, 2014 03:19
Walmart, which already has leaked its Black Friday deals on Apple, Dell, HP and other tech products, just couldn't stand the lull between now and the day after Thanksgiving. So it has started promoting a Pre-Black Friday event for this Friday, Nov. 21, starting at 8am, that will also feature plenty of bargains on electronics.
By Bob Brown | 20 November, 2014 08:07
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Microsoft has become mildly famous -- in hindsight -- for being early, far too early, to important technology products and trend swings. Is history repeating itself with the Surface Pro 3?
By Gregg Keizer | 27 May, 2014 20:24
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 May, 2014 21:35
Whitepapers about tablets
That’s right, the top reasons you don't need MDM. Who says mobile and social technologies are here to stay? This satirical whitepaper outlines why it might be good to just “wait out” the trends of BYOD and MDM. • Understand why allowing mobile, flexibility & security is a slippery slope to the whims of the masses • Learn 10 "new excuses" that will convince anyone why you don’t need to implement MDM • Find out why visiting your IT Help desk is more fun than going to Disneyworld and Las Vegas combined
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
The increasing sophistication, frequency, and diversity of today’s network attacks are overwhelming conventional stateful security devices at the edge of the data center. A new data center architecture based on application delivery firewall solutions will effectively combat modern attacks while providing significant CapEx savings.
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- Apple's Black Friday sale includes iPhone for the first time
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Coming soon: Murder by Internet
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
- Sydney Startup Weekend doubles attendance in one year
- ASIC unhappy with exclusion from data retention regime
- Australian Internet Security Initiative portal launched to help ISPs
- How SBS scaled up for FIFA World Cup online
- Hail pounds telecom networks in Queensland
- RMIT University builds virtual networking labs for students
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities