tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
Microsoft will resuscitate its Surface tablet with a new model powered by Windows 8.1, ditching the flop that was Windows RT for a lower-priced device, according to an online report.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 March, 2015 06:22
With Android and iOS dominating the tablet market, Mozilla's Firefox OS hasn't had much of a look in. It's now getting a bit of help from ARM rival Imagination Technologies, which has ported a version of Firefox to a prototype tablet based on its MIPS chip architecture.
By Agam Shah | 24 March, 2015 09:12
Research firm, IDC, forecast that Microsoft's Windows 10 would fuel an increase in the Redmond, Wash. company's share of the tablet market.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 March, 2015 07:33
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
By Agam Shah | 13 March, 2015 04:02
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Microsoft seems to be within a whisker of calling it quits on its failed experiment with the Surface tablet, the device powered by the ARM architecture and Windows RT, an offshoot of Windows 8.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 January, 2015 03:33
The ASUS X205 is one of three Windows 8.1 notebooks, all released in November, designed to halt the encroachment of Chromebooks into the low-end Windows notebook market. (The other two are the HP Stream 11 and HP Stream 13.)
By Howard Wen | 27 January, 2015 00:14
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Whitepapers about tablets
That’s right, the top reasons you don't need MDM. Who says mobile and social technologies are here to stay? This satirical whitepaper outlines why it might be good to just “wait out” the trends of BYOD and MDM. • Understand why allowing mobile, flexibility & security is a slippery slope to the whims of the masses • Learn 10 "new excuses" that will convince anyone why you don’t need to implement MDM • Find out why visiting your IT Help desk is more fun than going to Disneyworld and Las Vegas combined
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques.Fine out where to find a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience. Read more
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap
- Apple Watch mini-stores to open in London, Paris, Tokyo luxury retail shops