tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
HP is scrapping its low-end tablet lineup to focus on detachables, hybrids and business tablets.
By Agam Shah | 02 December, 2015 01:19
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
By Lucian Constantin | 26 November, 2015 18:44
HP Inc. is shying away from the consumer wearable market, but sees an untapped opportunity in wearables for businesses
By Agam Shah | 24 November, 2015 22:00
A new app launched by Telstra allows calls to be made over a landline service while using a compatible mobile device instead of a standard home phone handset.
By Rohan Pearce | 08 September, 2015 16:14
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Google has confirmed the name of Android M -- Marshmallow. The new version will first make it to the expected new Nexus devices due for release later this year. Soon after, it'll be available for OTA upgrades for older pure-Android shinies. But after that, who knows?
By Richi Jennings | 17 August, 2015 23:51
Microsoft seems to be within a whisker of calling it quits on its failed experiment with the Surface tablet, the device powered by the ARM architecture and Windows RT, an offshoot of Windows 8.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 January, 2015 03:33
The ASUS X205 is one of three Windows 8.1 notebooks, all released in November, designed to halt the encroachment of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2290210/wireless/119373-8-reasons-why-Chromebooks-aren-t-going-away.html">Chromebooks</a> into the low-end Windows notebook market. (The other two are the HP Stream 11 and HP Stream 13.)
By Howard Wen | 27 January, 2015 00:14
Apple intends introducing a <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2599404/tablets/big-ipad-pro-q1-release-date-itbwcw.html">12.9-inch iPad model</a>, and there's some who may think doing so makes no sense at all. They're wrong. Here's why:
By Jonny Evans | 27 August, 2014 23:24
Whitepapers about tablets
IT decision makers for the education industry have typically worked on a singular OS as simplicity was key. However, students and teachers today have access to a variety of mobile devices and being able to work and share educational resources on their platform of choice is crucial. <p> Find out the importance and benefits of cross-platform collaboration and how you can transform classrooms into future-ready digital schools
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too