tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
Microsoft again took a hit on its Surface business, the company acknowledged Tuesday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 July, 2014 05:47
Lenovo on Friday said it would continue selling sub-10-in. Windows tablets in the U.S., backing away from statements it made the day before.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 July, 2014 05:44
Lenovo has stopped sales of its existing small-screen Windows tablets in the U.S., but plans a new model for release by the end of the year.
By Agam Shah | 20 July, 2014 01:09
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Microsoft has become mildly famous -- in hindsight -- for being early, far too early, to important technology products and trend swings. Is history repeating itself with the Surface Pro 3?
By Gregg Keizer | 27 May, 2014 20:24
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 May, 2014 21:35
For all his talk of "devices and services," when Steve Ballmer hands over the reins to a new CEO, he will leave an economic powerhouse that prints money by making software, but makes little on anything else.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 January, 2014 11:35
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This whitepaper explains how software-based architecture can enable businesses to leverage the network as an enabling technology; eliminate unused and under-utilized network resources, and build enterprise cloud networks while laying the foundation for service delivery fabrics.
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- Microsoft verging on single OS across all devices
- Top 5 take-aways from Tim Cook on Apple's Q3 earnings call
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with cloud enticements
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Sprint to resell Google Apps for Business cloud service
- What to expect in Facebook's earnings call today
- Google tried to buy music giant Spotify
- Pebble: Next-gen wearables will require new tech, also your personal data
- Low-cost Android tablets to get 4K video with Allwinner 64-bit chip
- Apple unwraps OS X Yosemite public beta Thursday