tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
Apple's iPad will be hit hard this year as global tablet shipments and sales growth slow dramatically, especially in the markets where the company has historically been strongest: North American and Europe, according to analysts.
By Gregg Keizer | 01 September, 2014 03:22
While SAP has made a big push into mobile software and device management with the acquisition of Sybase and a series of apps, it hasn't made overt moves into the devices market. But this could change down the road, judging from a recently published patent application submitted by SAP.
By Chris Kanaracus | 28 August, 2014 23:50
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Microsoft has become mildly famous -- in hindsight -- for being early, far too early, to important technology products and trend swings. Is history repeating itself with the Surface Pro 3?
By Gregg Keizer | 27 May, 2014 20:24
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 May, 2014 21:35
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- Should you buy enterprise applications from a startup?
- Microsoft's Australian Azure region 'just around the corner'
- Healthdirect Australia sees value in open source for security solution
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- Quickflix suffers $10m loss
- Web Marketing Experts to create 115 new jobs in Melbourne
- Comms Alliance backs website blocking in piracy fight
- Reconnaissance code on industrial software site points to watering hole attack
- China orders Microsoft to explain Windows, Office practices within 20 days
- Europol launches international cybercrime task force
- Show spotlight will be on smartwatches with better looks and connectivity
- China gives Microsoft 20 days to answer questions in anti-monopoly probe
- Happy Labor Day -- will a bot take your help desk job?
- European 700MHz band should be freed for mobile broadband by 2020, report says