tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
Smarter contextual awareness, 4K video and augmented reality are just some of the new technologies that will be offered by smartphones and tablets over the next year or so, according to Qualcomm's product blueprints.
By Agam Shah | 29 July, 2014 07:09
Thanks to the rise of mobile gaming and 4K video, LP-DDR4 memory will reach smartphones and tablets close to two years earlier than expected, an analyst said.
By Agam Shah | 29 July, 2014 06:37
Microsoft again took a hit on its Surface business, the company has acknowledged.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 July, 2014 05:47
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Microsoft has become mildly famous -- in hindsight -- for being early, far too early, to important technology products and trend swings. Is history repeating itself with the Surface Pro 3?
By Gregg Keizer | 27 May, 2014 20:24
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 May, 2014 21:35
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- China's Xiaomi rises to fifth place in smartphone rankings
- Electoral commission cautions against rush to e-voting
- Google makes Hangouts more enterprise friendly
- Stanford surgical students set sights on Google Glass
- Data#3 acquires 42.5% share in Discovery Technology
- Cheers and jeers over anti-piracy laws
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Android grabs record 85 per cent smartphone share
- FCC chairman grills Verizon over data throttling
- Equity crowdfunding licence approved
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
- Senate committee: Mobile phone 'cramming' widespread, profits carriers
- Oracle-based system for US visas still glitchy after software update
- Countries don't own their Internet domains, ICANN says
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack