tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
With Android and iOS dominating the tablet market, Mozilla's Firefox OS hasn't had much of a look in. It's now getting a bit of help from ARM rival Imagination Technologies, which has ported a version of Firefox to a prototype tablet based on its MIPS chip architecture.
By Agam Shah | 24 March, 2015 09:12
Research firm, IDC, forecast that Microsoft's Windows 10 would fuel an increase in the Redmond, Wash. company's share of the tablet market.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 March, 2015 07:33
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
By Agam Shah | 13 March, 2015 04:02
Google has opened its first shop-within-a-shop in London, yet another retail experiment by the company, which already has counters in third-party stores.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 12 March, 2015 05:47
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Microsoft seems to be within a whisker of calling it quits on its failed experiment with the Surface tablet, the device powered by the ARM architecture and Windows RT, an offshoot of Windows 8.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 January, 2015 03:33
The ASUS X205 is one of three Windows 8.1 notebooks, all released in November, designed to halt the encroachment of Chromebooks into the low-end Windows notebook market. (The other two are the HP Stream 11 and HP Stream 13.)
By Howard Wen | 27 January, 2015 00:14
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Whitepapers about tablets
That’s right, the top reasons you don't need MDM. Who says mobile and social technologies are here to stay? This satirical whitepaper outlines why it might be good to just “wait out” the trends of BYOD and MDM. • Understand why allowing mobile, flexibility & security is a slippery slope to the whims of the masses • Learn 10 "new excuses" that will convince anyone why you don’t need to implement MDM • Find out why visiting your IT Help desk is more fun than going to Disneyworld and Las Vegas combined
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution can feel just as daunting. ERP represents a serious investment for any organisation and is vital to future success. This report explores the strategies organisations are employing to find the right ERP fit that will give them the tools they need to thrive.
- Telstra acquires healthcare analytics company
- UN to appoint watchdog to focus on privacy in digital age
- At Facebook, a sharpening focus on virtual reality
- Toshiba announces industry's densest 3D flash memory
- In Japan, smartphone apps time spring's cherry blossoms
- Optus to review information security after privacy snafu
- Data retention: Telstra to keep customer data within Australia
- An SDN vulnerability forced OpenDaylight to focus on security
- Vodafone extends Nokia Networks contract for four years
- Audit unearths Tasmanian government security gaps
- Meltdown! New Periscope iPhone app live streams ice cream factory's end
- Court throws out lawsuit over storage on iPhones, iPads
- Facebook speeds iPhone app dev wih React Native
- Facebook wants to blur lines between reality and virtual reality
- Microsoft name games continue as 'universal apps' become 'Windows apps'