tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
tablets in pictures
Dropbox isn't satisfied that its cloud storage and file-sharing service has more than 300 million subscribers, so it's actively seeking partnerships to grow its user base, landing HP and Acer on Tuesday.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 29 October, 2014 04:04
After two years and nearly $2 billion in losses, Microsoft's Surface turned a profit in the September quarter.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 October, 2014 08:56
The first products from Apple's mobile enterprise partnership with IBM will roll out next month, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook, who said the partnership "could change the way people work."
By Agam Shah | 21 October, 2014 10:49
Apple today unveiled the 9.7-in. iPad Air 2 and the smaller 7.9-in. iPad Mini 3, both revisions of their predecessors, with the new Mini getting the shortest shrift on stage time and changes.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 October, 2014 07:39
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
By Rick Broida | 22 September, 2010 01:58
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Microsoft has become mildly famous -- in hindsight -- for being early, far too early, to important technology products and trend swings. Is history repeating itself with the Surface Pro 3?
By Gregg Keizer | 27 May, 2014 20:24
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 May, 2014 21:35
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques.Fine out where to find a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience. Read more
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- Startup Capriza scores $27M to Zapp legacy apps into mobile ones
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
- Nintendo targets new health business with sleep sensor
- Vodafone asks how data retention applies to M2M
- China's Xiaomi surges to become world's third largest smartphone vendor
- Cunningham Lindsey uses Wi-Fi units to work during natural disasters
- Game to help prevent bullying
- Baidu traffic from mobile devices now more than from PCs
- Visualizations may shape smarter city development
- Facebook gives away homebrewed OS monitoring tool
- How to figure out if a data breach is a hoax
- Payment Adviser finds value in desktop-as-a-service
- Future telcos must converge screens, things: Telstra CTO