technet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Businesses with certain Microsoft memberships and service agreements can now download the near-final version of Windows 8.1 to test with an eye toward enterprise deployment, the company says.
By Tim Greene | 18 September, 2013 00:31
Microsoft today refused to clarify conflicting statements by its PR representatives about whether developers and enterprise customers will get the Windows 8.1 update weeks before the public, as is customary.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 August, 2013 20:09
An online petition opposing Microsoft’s decision to end its TechNet subscription service, which offers access to a wide range of the software vendor's products for testing and evaluation purposes, has garnered more than 9000 signatures.
By Rebecca Merrett | 14 August, 2013 11:44
The U.S. states of Washington, Massachusetts and Delaware have made the most progress in promoting broadband and in providing a broadband-friendly business climate, according to a new study by trade group TechNet.
By Grant Gross | 05 December, 2012 18:36
The full-blown Windows 8 version of Microsoft's new tablet -- Surface Pro -- goes on sale in January with a starting price of $899 ... and that doesn't include the distinctive snap-on cover/keyboard that will be pretty much essential for anyone wanting to use the machine for traditional Windows applications.
By Tim Greene | 29 November, 2012 21:13
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G
- ATO sets out treatment of Bitcoin
- Fair and Safe Work Qld invites offers for mobile app development
- China paving the way for big Xbox One sales
- 'Reveton' ransomware upgraded with powerful password stealer
- YouTube music might be a win for other Google services
- Many Chrome browser extensions do sneaky things