technet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Businesses with certain Microsoft memberships and service agreements can now download the near-final version of Windows 8.1 to test with an eye toward enterprise deployment, the company says.
By Tim Greene | 18 September, 2013 00:31
Microsoft today refused to clarify conflicting statements by its PR representatives about whether developers and enterprise customers will get the Windows 8.1 update weeks before the public, as is customary.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 August, 2013 20:09
An online petition opposing Microsoft’s decision to end its TechNet subscription service, which offers access to a wide range of the software vendor's products for testing and evaluation purposes, has garnered more than 9000 signatures.
By Rebecca Merrett | 14 August, 2013 11:44
The U.S. states of Washington, Massachusetts and Delaware have made the most progress in promoting broadband and in providing a broadband-friendly business climate, according to a new study by trade group TechNet.
By Grant Gross | 05 December, 2012 18:36
The full-blown Windows 8 version of Microsoft's new tablet -- Surface Pro -- goes on sale in January with a starting price of $899 ... and that doesn't include the distinctive snap-on cover/keyboard that will be pretty much essential for anyone wanting to use the machine for traditional Windows applications.
By Tim Greene | 29 November, 2012 21:13
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
- 4 reasons to stick with Java -- and 4 reasons to dump it
- Unlike IBM, Lenovo to manufacture some System x servers in U.S.
- Welcome to the age of pervasive supercomputing
- EBay spins off PayPal into separate company
- European Commission details grounds for Apple tax probe
- Microsoft will offer locally hosted cloud services in India
- Pioneer's rearview mirror gives drivers cloud data
- NTT DoCoMo launches sensor-laden kids' watch
- Apple's iPhone will go on sale in China on Oct. 17
- Greens seek to limit ASIO hacking powers
- Privacy Commissioner battles Bash vulnerability
- EPIC seeks enforcement action over Arizona data breaches
- China clears iPhone 6 for sale only after security tweaks
- Kaspersky Lab appoints new APAC managing director
- Smart Sparrow wins Gates e-learning grant