Telco - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Telstra unveils interoperable videoconferencing service
- Connected home brings new revenue opportunity for telcos: Ovum
The rise of the Internet of Things could allow telcos to provide a “quint-play” of services, according to an Ovum report.
By Adam Bender | 28 July, 2014 14:07
Businesses can communicate with each other using different videoconferencing products with a B2B service announced by Telstra.
By Adam Bender | 28 July, 2014 10:26
Vodafone Hutchison Australia has blamed “stiff competition” and a saturated market for the loss of 137,000 more customers in the six-month period ended 30 June.
By Adam Bender | 23 July, 2014 10:16
Telstra has announced early access to its 700MHz 4G mobile network for Perth and other communities around Australia.
By Adam Bender | 22 July, 2014 10:05
The future of voice communications may be in 'over the top' applications, but there's life yet in the humble phone number according to the CEO of VoIP provider MyNetFone. Phone numbers "are this invisible glue that everyone takes for granted," Rene Sugo says.
By Rohan Pearce | 08 July, 2014 12:49
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
- Smart locker application wins first place at BattleHack Sydney
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Consumer group decries government's anti-piracy plans
- Data retention: Industry reiterates warning on costs
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
- Vodafone uses low-band to boost 4G coverage
- NICTA pushes seL4 microkernel beyond drones
- ACMA signs online child abuse notification scheme with police
- Testbed will help clouds and networks shake hands
- Rip Curl rides wearable wave with smartwatch for surfers
- More than 6k Australians duped by Koler Android ransomware: report
- Facebook to require Messenger app for mobile chat
- Solar power war between U.S. and Asia escalates
- Qualcomm planting seeds for 4K video, silicon brains in mobile devices
- Mobile devices to get faster LP-DDR4 memory next year