telecom - News, Features, and Slideshows
A mandatory data retention scheme could be difficult and expensive for Telstra, according to the telco’s chief risk officer.
By Adam Bender | 26 September, 2014 15:44
The Senate committee overseeing the National Broadband Network has drilled NBN Co about a disputed report that claimed great cost reductions to rolling out fibre to the premise (FTTP).
By Adam Bender | 26 September, 2014 13:03
Telco industry officials have indicated support for spectrum policy changes proposed this week by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
By Adam Bender | 11 September, 2014 15:51
Telstra has waited just one day to copy Optus in offering up to $450 in credit to customers who leave their old carrier and sign a new two-year contract.
By Adam Bender | 09 September, 2014 16:19
NBN Co aims to have National Broadband Network service available to about 1 million homes and businesses in financial-year 2014-15, up from 552,000 in FY 2013-14, CEO Bill Morrow said today as the company announced financial results for the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
By Adam Bender | 28 August, 2014 14:28
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
- Satellite radar measurements map the seafloor
- Apple delivers OS X Yosemite 'golden master' to devs
- Alcatel-Lucent sells enterprise networking unit to China Huaxin
- Hacked celebrities 'dumb', says proposed EU digital commissioner
- Fujitsu to design Japanese exascale supercomputer
- NBN Co eyes FTTN trial extension
- In pictures: Fujitsu opens Oceania centre in Sydney
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Uber targets business customers
- Brandis denies ‘overreach’ on national security laws
- Will enterprises skip Windows 8 for 10?
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Eftpos goes live with payments infrastructure overhaul