Telstra - News, Features, and Slideshows
- How fast are HSPA+ and LTE in Australia?
- Telstra to extend 4G network to the sky
- Australian telcos remain holdouts on IPv6
Telstra in pictures
A mandatory data retention scheme could be difficult and expensive for Telstra, according to the telco’s chief risk officer.
By Adam Bender | 26 September, 2014 15:44
Telstra (ASX: TLS) is establishing points of presence (PoPs) in Equinix’s SY3 Sydney and ME1 Melbourne data centres to deliver telco/media services to its customers who use Equinix’s facilities.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 September, 2014 11:43
It’s time for the Triple Zero emergency phone number to accept more than voice calls, according to industry and consumer advocates who made submissions to the review of the national Triple Zero (000) operator.
By Adam Bender | 19 September, 2014 11:46
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 28 June, 2013 10:37
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 25 March, 2013 17:45
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
By Ross Catanzariti | 10 October, 2011 15:39
This IDC Vendor Spotlight examines how enterprises and service providers can tap on next-generation application delivery solutions to increase the availability of applications to end users.
- Microsoft skips a number, says 'Windows 10' will be a big break from the past
- Q&A: Meet Microsoft's new Azure CTO, Mark Russinovich
- China's 3D printing market to quadruple
- Four charged with stealing Army helicopter training software
- Cray aims to stay in big leagues with XC40 supercomputers
- Icahn says PayPal spin-off is almost a 'no brainer'
- Mobile developers get offline sync in new Amazon SDK
- Oracle unveils Alta, a next-generation user interface
- iOS 8 bug deletes iWork docs
- Global Internet speeds up, DDoS attacks down
- Cisco, Oracle find dozens of their products affected by Shellshock
- Germany orders Google to stop illegal user data processing
- Connected ad panels to improve mobile speeds and coverage
- Update and upgrade roadmap crucial to Windows 9 success
- Likes of Apple Pay may make smaller banks more vulnerable