Truste - News, Features, and Slideshows
It turns out that TRUSTe, the provider of privacy certifications for online businesses, may not be so trustworthy after all. The company failed to conduct annual recertification checks for hundreds of companies holding its privacy seal, despite promising to do so, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has charged.
By Grant Gross | 18 November, 2014 09:18
By Grant Gross | 24 June, 2014 06:04
The US-based Digital Advertising Alliance, a coalition of online advertising networks and companies, will soon release guidelines for the use of targeted advertising on mobile devices, although it's been difficult to come up with standards in the diverse mobile marketplace, members of the DAA said.
By Grant Gross | 05 June, 2013 20:30
A majority of European Internet users expect companies to ask for permission to track their activities online using cookies, privacy management company Truste said Thursday. But despite the 2009 introduction of the European Union's so-called cookie directive requiring just that, only a small minority of websites ask for visitors' consent, according to a survey by the company.
By Loek Essers | 15 November, 2012 14:11
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
- NFL statement on New England Patriots Deflate-gate
- A Doomsday Clock reading guide
- Microsoft releases big update to Windows 10 preview
- U.S. to impose big tariffs on China and Taiwan for dumping solar panels on market
- US spy program has financial, security impacts, says Snowden
- NASA tests robotic helicopter that would act as Mars scout
- No worries! Asteroid to safely pass Earth on Monday
- Sony delays earnings report in wake of hack attack
- Microsoft to acquire R language powerhouse Revolution Analytics
- Republicans call on FCC to release net neutrality proposal before voting