twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
Coming soon to a Twitter timeline near you, these nine new features, which are expected to roll out during the coming year, put a new focus on video, direct messaging, alerts and notifications, and more.
By Matt Kapko | 20 November, 2014 08:32
Want to look at tweets posted during the 2008 summer Olympics? Or tweets you sent on your vacation a few years ago? Soon you'll be able to. Twitter is enabling users to search through its entire index of roughly half a trillion public tweets.
By Zach Miners | 19 November, 2014 10:17
From Apple to Amazon to Microsoft to Twitter, the names of some of the world's most popular tech companies tend to have interesting and significant backstories.
By Yoni Heisler | 18 November, 2014 09:57
Twitter plans to introduce soon an "instant timeline" feature that will allow new users to see what's happening on the site without having to first go through the time-consuming process of following accounts.
By John Ribeiro | 13 November, 2014 16:14
Identity is hard.
By Matt Weinberger | 12 November, 2014 05:04
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
Analysts are pondering just what Microsoft might do with the Android-variant smartphone Nokia has under development: Keep it or kill it.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 December, 2013 18:13
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
This whitepaper discusses the challenge of BYOD and how best-practice deployments help deliver on the business promise of mobility with integrated protection throughout the workplace. • Flexible, end-to-end security enables enterprises to speed adoption of transformative technologies for a competitive edge • If employees feel that security policies impede productivity or encroach on personal data, they look for work-arounds • Integrated solutions that avoid overlapping functionality and streamline management can help organizations maintain tight security and ensure compliance
- Spliddit: Algorithms to divide the rent, stuff, or credit fairly between people
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Black Friday: Newegg axes prices on laptops, desktops, tablets and more
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- Double-edged feedback sword nicks Microsoft over OneDrive
- The ups and downs of Microsoft Band
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
- FCC chairman gives no timeline for net neutrality decision
- Connected-home Babel: There's an app for that, startup says
- Flurry of hydrogen fuel cell cars challenge all-electric vehicles
- Mozilla reports flat revenue from Google-Firefox search deal
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market