twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
It was probably inevitable: The New York Times announced Tuesday it will produce one-sentence stories and other content on various topics for the Apple Watch, the day the device first goes on sale on April 24.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2015 00:34
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
By Katherine Noyes | 28 March, 2015 06:26
Up Periscope: Twitter answers Meerkat... UN appoints privacy watchdog... Microsoft buys LiveLoop... and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 27 March, 2015 22:40
The teardown of a 50-plus-year-old ice cream plant across from Network World's Framingham, Mass., headquarters today practically screamed to be live streamed via Twitter's new Periscope app for the iPhone. So I took my iPhone 5 into the parking lot during lunch and brought the action live to a whoever happened to stumble across it.
By Bob Brown | 27 March, 2015 08:07
Website password strength meters, like a spouse asked to assess your haircut or outfit, often tell you only what you want to hear.
By Bob Brown | 27 March, 2015 02:29
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
Analysts are pondering just what Microsoft might do with the Android-variant smartphone Nokia has under development: Keep it or kill it.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 December, 2013 18:13
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Raspberry Pi 2 laptop coming with Pi-Top assembly kit
- Facebook 'riffs' on Snapchat with new group video app
- Cisco to buy SDN startup Embrane
- Start-up touts wireless charging from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals
- Google amps up assault on adware
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Chef serves up devops for the enterprise
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Palo Alto service to flag particularly evil security attacks
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
- AWS targets interrupted sessions with virtual desktops upgrade
- Is it safe to use public Wi-Fi networks?
- As Uber cries foul in Europe, EC advises it to first follow the law
- All the news that's fit to squish -- on a smartwatch