twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
Fittingly enough, the Apple-owned Topsy data analytics business that boasted of indexing every Tweet back to 2006, announced its demise on Tuesday night via a Twitter post.
By Bob Brown | 16 December, 2015 18:24
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
By Martyn Williams | 03 November, 2015 15:25
Twitter's new CEO took to the stage at the company's developer conference today and basically asked programmers for forgiveness.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 October, 2015 23:45
Omid Kordestani, who until recently was Google’s chief business officer, is now executive chairman of Twitter.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 October, 2015 18:30
Twitter will work better with a "nimbler" engineering team, Dorsey tells staff
By Peter Sayer | 13 October, 2015 17:41
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
Twitter's earnings call on Tuesday didn't go quite as investors might have hoped. That can't be good news for Jack Dorsey, who recently took over – again -- as the struggling social media company's CEO.
By Sharon Gaudin | 28 October, 2015 23:13
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey isn't wasting any time making major changes in what appears to be an attempt to make the social network profitable. News reports say that Dorsey is getting ready to cut costs by reducing headcount and halting the company's plans to expand its San Francisco offices.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 October, 2015 23:06
To some, the job of a higher-education CIO might seem downright cushy. After all, unlike their corporate counterparts, these IT leaders don't have to answer to shareholders, cater to business-line leaders or survive acrimonious mergers.
By Cindy Waxer | 17 August, 2015 20:34
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 July, 2015 02:30
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy