twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
Is social media in general and Twitter in particular speeding up the news cycle?
By Zach Miners | 21 August, 2014 10:12
It was only a matter of time before high tech execs got in on the ice bucket challenge for ALS awareness that has been sweeping across Facebook, Twitter and other social networks in recent weeks. Phil Schiller, Apple's SVP of marketing, has showered himself in freezing water and via Twitter, has challenged CEO Tim Cook to do likewise, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has challenged Bill Gates and others.
By Network World staff | 15 August, 2014 00:45
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
Analysts are pondering just what Microsoft might do with the Android-variant smartphone Nokia has under development: Keep it or kill it.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 December, 2013 18:13
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Magento e-commerce hosting provider MageMojo needed to improve security after a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that took its site offline on Cyber Monday. Consolidating its DDoS mitigation and firewall needs in a high-performance F5 solution, MageMojo strengthened both its security posture and its business.
- Senate extends telecommunications interception inquiry
- PC market in 2014 a bit less dire than previously thought
- Cotap, a WhatsApp for the enterprise, links with cloud storage providers
- Apple loses bid for sales ban in Samsung patent case
- Broadcom wants to let 1,000 IoT devices bloom with $19.99 development kit
- Microsoft reissues patch that crippled Windows PCs
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Intel makes the world's smallest IoT modem
- Wireless competition heats up, and so do changes in executive ranks
- Microsoft rolls out DLP to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Salesforce.com CRM upgrade puts heavy emphasis on mobile
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Free, fast Windows updates are the future - and they could hurt PC sales
- Samsung starts production of 3D DDR4 DRAM modules
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?