twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
Instagram hit a milestone this week, logging more than 400 million monthly users, solidly surpassing rival Twitter.
By Sharon Gaudin | 23 September, 2015 22:23
By effectively shutting down apps that showed politicians' deleted tweets, Twitter is giving politicians more control over public speech, and at the cost of transparency, some digital media experts said.
By Zach Miners | 25 August, 2015 05:53
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
To some, the job of a higher-education CIO might seem downright cushy. After all, unlike their corporate counterparts, these IT leaders don't have to answer to shareholders, cater to business-line leaders or survive acrimonious mergers.
By Cindy Waxer | 17 August, 2015 20:34
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 July, 2015 02:30
Microsoft on Monday took another shot at clarifying its Windows 10 upgrade policy, telling Windows Insider participants that they had to remain in the preview program if they had not upgraded from an eligible PC but wanted to continue running the OS free of charge.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 June, 2015 21:25
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosystem the Redmond, Wash. company maintains.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 June, 2015 02:04
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
Cloud, identity management and enterprise mobility technologies can provide significant benefits for business efficiency and promote a collaborative workforce. However, it can often result in conflicts of interests between business heads and IT leaders, both who have different concerns and expectations on how to implement these solutions to benefit the company. <p> This whitepaper looks at how a collaborative approach can benefit both IT and business stakeholders, resulting in increased business flexibility and security. Included in this whitepaper are also 5 step by step considerations for both business and IT leaders to reap the benefits of these platforms by adopting synergistic strategies.
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- FBI takes down alert on chip credit cards after bankers complain
- Firefox to drop old-tech plug-ins by end of 2016
- Meet the virtual woman who may take your job
- Dismal PC business contraction continues; no bounce yet from Windows 10
- Juniper Networks looking to go private?
- Display Dock for new Lumias will cost $99
- 3 Takeaways from Amazon’s re:Invent cloud conference
- AWS re:Invent and VMworld: A tale of two conferences
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic