twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
Fittingly enough, the Apple-owned Topsy data analytics business that boasted of indexing every Tweet back to 2006, announced its demise on Tuesday night via a Twitter post.
By Bob Brown | 16 December, 2015 18:24
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
By Martyn Williams | 03 November, 2015 15:25
Twitter's new CEO took to the stage at the company's developer conference today and basically asked programmers for forgiveness.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 October, 2015 23:45
Omid Kordestani, who until recently was Google’s chief business officer, is now executive chairman of Twitter.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 October, 2015 18:30
Twitter will work better with a "nimbler" engineering team, Dorsey tells staff
By Peter Sayer | 13 October, 2015 17:41
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
Twitter's earnings call on Tuesday didn't go quite as investors might have hoped. That can't be good news for Jack Dorsey, who recently took over – again -- as the struggling social media company's CEO.
By Sharon Gaudin | 28 October, 2015 23:13
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey isn't wasting any time making major changes in what appears to be an attempt to make the social network profitable. News reports say that Dorsey is getting ready to cut costs by reducing headcount and halting the company's plans to expand its San Francisco offices.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 October, 2015 23:06
To some, the job of a higher-education CIO might seem downright cushy. After all, unlike their corporate counterparts, these IT leaders don't have to answer to shareholders, cater to business-line leaders or survive acrimonious mergers.
By Cindy Waxer | 17 August, 2015 20:34
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 July, 2015 02:30
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data