twitter - News, Features, and Slideshows
twitter in pictures
TwitPic, the image-hosting company that two weeks ago said it would shut down after a trademark dispute with Twitter, has apparently been acquired, keeping its service alive.
By Zach Miners | 19 September, 2014 09:05
Twitter's recently announced bug bounty program has helped the company identify and patch a serious vulnerability that could have potentially disrupted advertising on its platform.
By Lucian Constantin | 18 September, 2014 01:07
Facebook might be taking a page from Snapchat.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 September, 2014 06:36
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Twitter may have become a household name, but it remains a mystery to many people. Perhaps even most people. For the next few days, I'm going to put on my teacher's cap and show you how to set up a Twitter account, how to put that account to good use, and how to read your incoming "tweets" (i.e. messages) from just about anywhere.
By Rick Broida | 08 April, 2010 02:59
Yesterday you learned how to access your Twitter account on the run. Ah, but what about at the office? What if you can't get a good cell signal at your desk? And what if the big bosses block your browser from connecting to Twitter? How will you tweet? HOW?!
By Rick Broida | 10 April, 2010 06:02
Analysts are pondering just what Microsoft might do with the Android-variant smartphone Nokia has under development: Keep it or kill it.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 December, 2013 18:13
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Whitepapers about twitter
The growth in social media has overwhelmed many marketers. Things are moving so fast that many brand managers stay busy keeping tabs on the latest developments and trends, with little time to look at the mix of social media being put into the market. This whitepaper provides a step-by-step guide for determining your strategy, and the proper mix or marketing channels - in social media.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
The way corporations operate around mobile devices is currently shifting—employees are starting to use their own devices for business purposes, rather than company-owned devices. With no direct control of the endpoints, IT departments have generally had to prohibit this or risk insecure access inside the firewall. But as more mobile devices appear on the corporate network, mobile device management has become a key IT initiative.
- In Pictures: The wild world of workplace wearables
- In Pictures: Inside a thriving Shenzhen market for used iPhones
- In Pictures: NASA’s human space flight return
- VDSL2 standards for NBN to clean up interference
- TPG revenue soars, ISP releases FTTB plan details
- Crashing Apple's iOS 8 party
- Shanghai authorities ban government officials' use of iPhone
- Lenovo to cough up $100 refunds, $250 vouchers to settle IdeaPad suit
- Pertino adds management, tracking apps to its service
- Early iPhone 6 usage 8x higher than iPhone 6 Plus
- Ex-Cisco employee pleads guilty to second-degree murder in ‘Google Maps case'
- Ericsson acquires majority stake in Apcera for cloud policy compliance
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller