unified communications - News, Features, and Slideshows
unified communications in pictures
Cisco and Telstra took the wraps off of a work collaboration app designed for mobile devices.
By Adam Bender | 18 March, 2015 10:00
When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
By Peter Sayer | 17 March, 2015 21:32
Existing enterprise PBX systems reaching their end of life, the potential for CIOs to cut costs, increased vendor offerings and the consumerisation of IT are all pushing growth of cloud communications services in Australian enterprises.
By Rohan Pearce | 20 January, 2015 13:41
Microsoft is upgrading its Lync unified communication platform to look and feel more like the familiar consumer version of Skype and changing its name to Skype for Business.
By Tim Greene | 12 November, 2014 01:06
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not very frightening. Consider these three steps:
By Sheena Finnegan, Cisco Presales Engineer, CDW | 30 September, 2010 08:17
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Dean Manzoori, Masergy VP for Unified Communications | 21 March, 2015 08:23
Adding video to the company website can set retailers and other businesses apart from the competition -- and ultimately boost the bottom line.
By Linda Melone | 23 January, 2013 12:07
Wikipedia and its users are planning more than 300 celebration events across six continents for the 10th anniversary of the free, online encyclopedia that has become an Internet juggernaut by spreading access to information with a model that lets anyone edit its articles.
By Jon Brodkin | 11 January, 2011 23:25
Whitepapers about unified communications
CEOs frequently face difficult decisions, but choosing a unified communications (UC) system that is simple to deploy, manage and use should not be one of them. This whitepaper details the benefits of a UC service for end-users, business decision makers and IT.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Organizations across the globe are finding disaster recovery increasingly important for a number of reasons. This white paper explains how virtualization technology can solve the cost vs. time dilemma traditional data recovery solutions pose, enabling organizations to quickly and cost effectively recover all server workloads.
- Bit by bit, Intel looks to quadruple SSD storage
- Abolish geoblocking? Not so fast, says EU digital Commissioner
- Vodafone adds bank cards to mobile payment service
- Bitcoin in China still chugging along, a year after clampdown
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
- Google Dart upgrade homes in on asynchronous programming
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
- APIs: From developer tool to business model driver
- India backs open source software for e-governance projects
- Vodafone cuts complaints
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
- In Pictures: How 20 (mostly) tech companies' logos have evolved over the years
- In Pictures: Worst data breaches of 2014
- In Pictures: 9 security gadgets for mobile devices
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects