University of Chicago - News, Features, and Slideshows
Civil liberties and privacy groups have long criticized the U.S. National Security Agency, but those critics became louder last summer after details of the agency's data collection activities were disclosed in classified documents leaked by Edward Snowden.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 April, 2014 06:46
Enterprise infrastructure company Infoblox announced this week that it plans to release a free and open-source software tool called Tapestry aimed at generating a hard measurement of any network's complexity.
By Jon Gold | 27 September, 2013 17:13
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
- Google's Android M to include Android Pay, faster charging and Doze power management
- Good luck with the new mobile strategy, Mozilla
- New Nvidia streaming box supports 4K, could give Android TV a lift
- Google's Project Brillo is an OS for the home -- and a lot more
- Google Photos offers unlimited free cloud storage for photos and video
- Google takes another swing at payments with Android Pay
- At Google I/O, the Internet of Things gets a new OS
- IBM pitches analysis software for select industry verticals
- FCC proposal would extend Lifeline voice subsidy to broadband
- Like routers, most USB modems also vulnerable to drive-by hacking
- Early OpenStack contributor says cloud project has "lost its heart"
- Swatch smartwatch to go on sale in two countries
- GoPro's upcoming six camera mount is good news for rich VR fans
- Lenovo aims at toppling rivals in the server market
- Cellphone use involved in more than 1 in 4 car crashes