University of Chicago - News, Features, and Slideshows
There was something about Cheryl Fillekes that Google really liked. Over a seven-year period, Fillekes was contacted by Google recruiters four different times for jobs. In each case, she did well enough in the phone interviews to get an invitation for an in-person interview.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 22 July, 2015 06:49
Civil liberties and privacy groups have long criticized the U.S. National Security Agency, but those critics became louder last summer after details of the agency's data collection activities were disclosed in classified documents leaked by Edward Snowden.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 April, 2014 06:46
Enterprise infrastructure company Infoblox announced this week that it plans to release a free and open-source software tool called Tapestry aimed at generating a hard measurement of any network's complexity.
By Jon Gold | 27 September, 2013 17:13
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Gartner predicts that by 2018 SaaS will become the dominant model for consuming application functionality for approximately 80% of all organisations. An MPLS solution needs to stand up to the flexibility, agility, insight and control needed for the new world of “connect anywhere to anything” at Cloud speed. Can it do all of this and compete at the price of a broadband Internet connection? Read on to find out.
- Hacker shows he can locate, unlock and remote start GM vehicles
- Telstra, Genesys to offer cloud contact centre services
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Business as usual for enterprise migrations to Windows 10
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Android for Work gains mobile-carrier support
- Windows 10's launch was a bit bumpy, but people seem to like it
- Google rejects French request to expand right to be forgotten
- Focus turns to mobile Windows 10 and Lumia flagships
- Critical BIND denial-of-service flaw could disrupt large portions of the Internet
- Opponents focus on defeating CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Using Watson, IBM and CVS aim to predict when your health is about to decline