U.S. Chamber of Commerce - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Department of Justice should back off its request for Microsoft to turn over a suspect's digital documents stored on a server in Ireland, or be prepared for other governments demanding documents stored on U.S. servers, the company's general counsel said.
By Grant Gross | 16 December, 2014 06:49
The official calendar for Joshua Wright, a commissioner with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, shows he has had many meetings with technology company lobbyists, but none with consumer advocates, even though consumer protection is a major part of the agency's mission.
By Grant Gross | 05 April, 2014 06:42
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
By Grant Gross | 11 March, 2014 19:14
The U.S. National Security Agency should abandon its collection of U.S. telephone records because the surveillance program is illegal, a government privacy oversight board said.
By Grant Gross | 23 January, 2014 21:01
Chinese government officials agreed to crack down on software and other piracy and to take steps to ensure that state-owned organizations use legal software.
By Grant Gross | 12 July, 2013 20:06
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
How do you ensure you are choosing the right threat intelligence solution for your organization? The recent Forrester Research, Inc. report, “Use Actionable Threat Intelligence to Protect Your Digital Business,” describes the characteristics of effective threat intelligence and what to look for in a threat intelligence vendor (August 2014).
- Dave Goldberg, entrepreneur and husband of Facebook's Sandberg, dies
- ACLU: NSA phone dragnet should be killed not amended
- Antivirus test labs call out Chinese security company as cheat
- Microsoft woos developers with SDK for Band fitness tracker
- Telecom trade groups, ISPs ask for delay of net neutrality rules
- Verizon boosts role in smart cities and farms services
- Microsoft stakes out ambitious goal of 1B Windows 10 devices
- Potential rival to Google's Project Ara booted from IndieGoGo
- Companies must teach employees how to swim in new oceans of data
- Developers, download these apps to see if Microsoft is on the right track
- Tesla announces gigawatt-scaling commercial battery and a home battery system for $3,500
- Apple confirms tattoos can interfere with Apple Watch's heart rate sensor
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 1
- Mozilla may offer new browser features only on secure websites