U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules violate the free speech rights of broadband providers because the regulations take away their ability to block Web traffic they disagree with, one ISP has argued.
By Grant Gross | 01 August, 2015 04:24
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
By Grant Gross | 13 June, 2015 04:05
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
By Grant Gross | 12 June, 2015 07:05
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to pass new net neutrality rules and reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service, but the text of the full order may not be released for several weeks. Here's what we know so far:
By Grant Gross | 28 February, 2015 03:02
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Greens call for Trans-Pacific Partnership assessment
- Verizon will use its mobile supercookie to target customers with AOL ads
- 8 tech startups ink $400K in new contracts
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
- With Safe Harbor gone, the hard work on data transfers starts now
- Meet Project Orca, SAP's new, Hana-based analytics tool
- Machines are replacing writers, Gartner says
- Can Microsoft's new phones save its mobile ambitions?
- Digital Guardian buys Code Green to gain data-loss prevention tech
- Microsoft charges into laptop market with Surface Book
- Cisco disrupts $60M ransomware biz
- Windows 10 device roundup features Lumia smartphones with Display Dock