U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules violate the free speech rights of broadband providers because the regulations take away their ability to block Web traffic they disagree with, one ISP has argued.
By Grant Gross | 01 August, 2015 04:24
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
By Grant Gross | 13 June, 2015 04:05
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
By Grant Gross | 12 June, 2015 07:05
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to pass new net neutrality rules and reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service, but the text of the full order may not be released for several weeks. Here's what we know so far:
By Grant Gross | 28 February, 2015 03:02
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data