U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some telecom law experts say.
By Grant Gross | 29 May, 2014 05:41
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 21 May, 2014 05:49
By Grant Gross | 16 May, 2014 02:13
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone network.
By Grant Gross | 01 May, 2014 04:27
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Four smartphone OSs fighting for survival
- AMD's new eight-core FX chips based on aging Piledriver architecture
- Uber vows to defy German ban on its UberPop ride-sharing service
- In earthquakes, alerts may turn machines into action heroes
- Should you buy enterprise applications from a startup?
- Microsoft's Australian Azure region 'just around the corner'
- Healthdirect Australia sees value in open source for security solution
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- Quickflix suffers $10m loss
- Web Marketing Experts to create 115 new jobs in Melbourne
- Comms Alliance backs website blocking in piracy fight
- Reconnaissance code on industrial software site points to watering hole attack
- China orders Microsoft to explain Windows, Office practices within 20 days
- Europol launches international cybercrime task force