U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some telecom law experts say.
By Grant Gross | 29 May, 2014 05:41
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 21 May, 2014 05:49
By Grant Gross | 16 May, 2014 02:13
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone network.
By Grant Gross | 01 May, 2014 04:27
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
In 2012, Aberdeen surveyed 485 users of IP Telephony and legacy TMD telephony. The study assessed aspects of TCO, planned vs unplanned downtime, and which products they used. 74% of respondents were categorised in the SME sector; this report focuses on this group’s TCO experience.
- NBN often 'indistinguishable' from existing broadband for many: Turnbull
- CoinJar flashes Bitcoin debit card
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- Anittel reports revenue of $36m
- Bug infects Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit, delaying app launches
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands
- MIT's Cheetah robot is off its leash, running and jumping
- Scary video highlights danger of damaged Lithium Ion batteries
- Have a spare $9,000? Join Facebook for the rich
- iOS app devs warn customers off iOS 8's iCloud Drive
- Qlik courts the business manager with easier analytics
- iOS 8 is here -- and it's all over your network