U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some telecom law experts say.
By Grant Gross | 29 May, 2014 05:41
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 21 May, 2014 05:49
By Grant Gross | 16 May, 2014 02:13
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone network.
By Grant Gross | 01 May, 2014 04:27
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
BYOD brings flexibility and improved productivity. But it can also add inconsistent user experiences, data security challenges… even legal liabilities. How can you make sure you get all the benefits—and none of the hassles? Read this tip sheet to learn the top considerations before you BYOD.
- Apple Pay rival MCX defends security after hackers steal emails
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- Startup Capriza scores $27M to Zapp legacy apps into mobile ones
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
- Nintendo targets new health business with sleep sensor
- Vodafone asks how data retention applies to M2M
- China's Xiaomi surges to become world's third largest smartphone vendor
- Cunningham Lindsey uses Wi-Fi units to work during natural disasters
- Game to help prevent bullying
- Baidu traffic from mobile devices now more than from PCs
- Visualizations may shape smarter city development
- Facebook gives away homebrewed OS monitoring tool
- How to figure out if a data breach is a hoax
- Payment Adviser finds value in desktop-as-a-service