U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some telecom law experts say.
By Grant Gross | 29 May, 2014 05:41
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 21 May, 2014 05:49
By Grant Gross | 16 May, 2014 02:13
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone network.
By Grant Gross | 01 May, 2014 04:27
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- NBN Co eyes FTTN trial extension
- In pictures: Fujitsu opens Oceania centre in Sydney
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Uber targets business customers
- Brandis denies ‘overreach’ on national security laws
- Will enterprises skip Windows 8 for 10?
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Eftpos goes live with payments infrastructure overhaul
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
- Microsoft outlines Windows 10 security enhancements
- 12 things to know about Windows 10
- With Windows 10, a contrite Microsoft will try to atone for Windows 8 mistakes
- Larry Ellison learns to love "the cloud"