U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
By Grant Gross | 16 July, 2014 00:42
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some telecom law experts say.
By Grant Gross | 29 May, 2014 05:41
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 21 May, 2014 05:49
By Grant Gross | 16 May, 2014 02:13
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone network.
By Grant Gross | 01 May, 2014 04:27
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
By Grant Gross | 14 January, 2014 20:48
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Mining company Teck Resources wanted to ensure high availability and responsiveness for its critical employee communications systems. To achieve this goal, Teck chose a comprehensive F5 traffic management and secure access solution that provides high availability and give users a more responsive experience.
- New SSL server rules go into effect Nov. 1
- Wolfram fortifies SystemModeler with more libraries
- State Department computer crash slows visa, passport applications worldwide
- State Dept. database crash leads to passport, visa delays
- The other Apple economy: $2B in devices on eBay
- Non-IBM Power8 servers, chips to appear early next year
- California sees IT shifting to IBM-built cloud
- Apple sends users scrambling for OS X Yosemite
- US Social Security Administration spent nearly $300M on IT project 'boondoggle,' lawmakers say
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Apple losing its grip as top tablet company
- Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- Never stop learning, CIOs advise new IT grads
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?