U.S. Department of Homeland Security - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
By Grant Gross | 22 August, 2014 04:02
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
By Jeremy Kirk | 07 August, 2014 12:26
Malicious hackers are using remote access tools to break into retail point-of-sale systems and plant malware on them, the Department of Homeland Security warned.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 August, 2014 06:09
The U.S. Department of Justice, working with law enforcement agencies in other countries, revealed Monday a multinational effort to disrupt Gameover Zeus, a 2-year-old botnet employing an estimated 500,000 to 1 million compromised computers.
By Grant Gross | 03 June, 2014 03:54
CEOs frequently face difficult decisions, but choosing a unified communications (UC) system that is simple to deploy, manage and use should not be one of them. This whitepaper details the benefits of a UC service for end-users, business decision makers and IT.
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison turns 70 with no retirement in sight
- FDA approves tech that turns smartphone into stroke warning system
- Sprint drops second shoe: $60 unlimited voice, text, data plan
- US lawmaker wants to rebrand net neutrality
- US agencies to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry
- Opera Mini becomes default browser for Microsoft's fading feature phones
- Uber builds on being 'best' by linking its ride requests to other mobile apps
- Citrix software aims to solve storage/virtual desktop performance problem
- Should companies practice data retention or data destruction?
- LTE in Wi-Fi spectrum shows great potential, says NTT DoCoMo
- Sony serves up tennis swing-analyzing sensor in US, Canada
- Small businesses seek to take off with the cloud
- Acer releases its own Chromebox, bringing the Google OS to desktops
- As sales deadline approaches, OEMs continue to push Windows 7 PCs to consumers
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series