U.S. Department of Homeland Security - News, Features, and Slideshows
Over a thousand major enterprise networks and small and medium businesses in the US have been compromised by a recently discovered malware package called "Backoff" and are probably unaware of it, the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in a cybersecurity alert.
By Martyn Williams | 23 August, 2014 07:04
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
By Grant Gross | 22 August, 2014 04:02
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
By Jeremy Kirk | 07 August, 2014 12:26
Malicious hackers are using remote access tools to break into retail point-of-sale systems and plant malware on them, the Department of Homeland Security warned.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 August, 2014 06:09
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Data centers are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments. Adding fuel to the fire, CIOs must now deal with corporate mandates to build an IT infrastructure that scales to unknown demand levels and provides service assurance for fluctuating conditions that cannot be accurately projected. To gain an insight into how EMC Avamar builds high efficiency and high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems, a series of backup and restore tests were run in a VMware® vSphere 5.1 environment. Tests were performed on EMC systems and the Avamar 6.1 results were compared to CommVault Simpana 9, and Symantec NetBackup 18.104.22.168. For
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6
- Half-baked mergers
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Watch video of the first iPhone 6...being dropped