U.S. Department of Homeland Security - News, Features, and Slideshows
Over a thousand major enterprise networks and small and medium businesses in the US have been compromised by a recently discovered malware package called "Backoff" and are probably unaware of it, the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in a cybersecurity alert.
By Martyn Williams | 23 August, 2014 07:04
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
By Grant Gross | 22 August, 2014 04:02
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
By Jeremy Kirk | 07 August, 2014 12:26
Malicious hackers are using remote access tools to break into retail point-of-sale systems and plant malware on them, the Department of Homeland Security warned.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 August, 2014 06:09
BYOD brings flexibility and improved productivity. But it can also add inconsistent user experiences, data security challenges… even legal liabilities. How can you make sure you get all the benefits—and none of the hassles? Read this tip sheet to learn the top considerations before you BYOD.
- Larry Ellison learns to love "the cloud"
- In Pictures: America’s richest techies
- A year later, Ellison apologizes for standing up his customers
- Nextdoor, an app for connecting with neighborhoods, puts on its police cap
- How one user (successfully) managed the Amazon cloud reboot
- Here's what's in Asus' $2,699 Zenbook NX500 laptop
- Ex-NSA director Alexander calls for new cybersecurity model
- Eric Holder says 'worrisome' tech companies are eyeing encryption
- Microsoft unveils 'spiritual successor' to Windows 7 by going to 10
- What you need to know about social-network upstart Ello
- Mercedes-Benz shows off self-driving 18-wheeler
- IPsoft seeks to grow the 'brains' of virtual assistants
- Microsoft skips a number, says 'Windows 10' will be a big break from the past
- Q&A: Meet Microsoft's new Azure CTO, Mark Russinovich
- China's 3D printing market to quadruple