U.S. Department of Homeland Security - News, Features, and Slideshows
Over a thousand major enterprise networks and small and medium businesses in the US have been compromised by a recently discovered malware package called "Backoff" and are probably unaware of it, the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in a cybersecurity alert.
By Martyn Williams | 23 August, 2014 07:04
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
By Grant Gross | 22 August, 2014 04:02
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
By Jeremy Kirk | 07 August, 2014 12:26
Malicious hackers are using remote access tools to break into retail point-of-sale systems and plant malware on them, the Department of Homeland Security warned.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 01 August, 2014 06:09
Protecting against known, and new, advanced, unknown threats requires the most rapid and precise detection and protection technologies. With multiple solutions available, finding the best one can be challenging. Independent testing firm Miercom took on this challenge and tested network-based advanced threat prevention solutions that use virtual sand boxing. They found the solution delivering the fastest, most accurate and efficient solution against known and unknown threats.
- Apple defies law of large numbers by booking bang-up iPhone sales
- Cyberthreat sharing must include strong privacy protections, advocates say
- Dell XPS 13 2015 is a MacBook Air killer
- Motorola returns to China, touts phone customization
- In Pictures: 10 tips to secure your iPhone
- Event fosters software and STEM entrepreneurs for education
- How to get the best performance out of Salesforce and other SaaS apps
- AWS launches WorkMail for the enterprise
- IBM's SoftLayer chief departs amid cloud transition
- OneDrive adds 'Albums,' will soon add automatic photo import from PC
- Silk Road paid thousands in shake-downs from malicious hackers
- Watch the snow pile up in Boston in this awesome 2 minute video
- Amazon said to launch enterprise email service
- Slack acquires Screenhero to add screensharing, voice, and video chat
- EU air passenger database about to take flight, but critics want it grounded