U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration - News, Features, and Slideshows
This smartphone thing may finally be catching on.
By Grant Gross | 17 October, 2014 06:45
A facial recognition trade group's proposals for privacy standards are an "extreme" departure from U.S. expectations on how personal data should be handled, a privacy advocate said Tuesday.
By Grant Gross | 25 June, 2014 06:27
The freedom and openness of the Internet are at stake after the U.S. government announced plans to end its contractual oversight of ICANN, some critics said Thursday.
By Grant Gross | 11 April, 2014 04:56
A U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration plan to end its formal relationship with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers could open the door to Internet censorship by China, Russia or Iran, some U.S. lawmakers said.
By Grant Gross | 03 April, 2014 05:21
The U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration will end its formal relationship with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers in late 2015, with ICANN developing a new global governance model, the agency said Friday.
By Grant Gross | 14 March, 2014 22:21
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Mid-market companies are growing faster than enterprises, making mobile productivity even more crucial. Good Technology surveyed 400+ mid-market organizations to ascertain what they’re doing with mobility, and why MDM and mobile email are only the beginning. Get the results in this research report and see how your organization stacks up.
- Cheap access to the Internet should be a human right: survey
- Office 365's spam filter gets smarter at sorting bulk mailings
- Jolla's open-source tablet might actually stay the course
- Regin is groundbreaking malware on par with Stuxnet, Symantec says
- Intel to tame passwords with biometric authentication
- IoT in the enterprise up three-fold, study finds
- Court okays IT worker lawsuit over student visa work program
- 129 out of 150 A/NZ websites fail Online Trust Alliance audit
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
- Slack now letting employers tap workers' private chats
- Would Amazon Web Services ever build an on-premise private cloud?
- Google to Apps users: take more responsibility for protecting your accounts
- Attack of the one-letter programming languages
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store