Utilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
Utilities in pictures
Looking to expand into a new market, AppDynamics has updated its application monitoring software to provide real-time insights that can be useful for business managers as well as IT staff.
By Joab Jackson | 04 November, 2014 11:22
Mayo Group has embraced mobility and business intelligence to drive sales of its industrial products to utility and mining customers, according to the company’s CFO.
By Adam Bender | 03 November, 2014 11:16
Open data and the market-driven uptake of advanced meters will help foster innovation in the sunshine state's electricity sector under a 30-year strategy released today by the Queensland government.
By Rohan Pearce | 20 June, 2014 15:25
ConTEXT is a powerful, free, and open-source text editor squarely aimed at programmers. Its feature set makes it especially useful for system administrators, toolsmiths, and Web mavens, all of whom often have to juggle many small files written in a variety of languages or markups.
By Ian Harac | 12 January, 2011 10:50
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crashes. Acronis Drive Monitor (free) promises to give you warning before that crash, so that you can take action before you're hit with disaster.
By Preston Gralla | 22 July, 2010 23:59
Not quite happy with the way Windows 7 works, or looking to get more out of the operating system? You've come to the right place. We're big fans of Microsoft's latest OS, but we're also big fans of making Windows better. In this article, we've rounded up the best Windows 7 downloads. They'll let you customize it in any way possible, give it features that Microsoft removed or neglected to include, and more. So get ready to download--you're about to take Windows 7 to a new level.
By Preston Gralla | 08 July, 2010 10:24
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- House bill would prevent patchwork of state laws banning smartphone encryption
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge