Utilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
Utilities in pictures
Looking to expand into a new market, AppDynamics has updated its application monitoring software to provide real-time insights that can be useful for business managers as well as IT staff.
By Joab Jackson | 04 November, 2014 11:22
Mayo Group has embraced mobility and business intelligence to drive sales of its industrial products to utility and mining customers, according to the company’s CFO.
By Adam Bender | 03 November, 2014 11:16
Open data and the market-driven uptake of advanced meters will help foster innovation in the sunshine state's electricity sector under a 30-year strategy released today by the Queensland government.
By Rohan Pearce | 20 June, 2014 15:25
ConTEXT is a powerful, free, and open-source text editor squarely aimed at programmers. Its feature set makes it especially useful for system administrators, toolsmiths, and Web mavens, all of whom often have to juggle many small files written in a variety of languages or markups.
By Ian Harac | 12 January, 2011 10:50
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crashes. Acronis Drive Monitor (free) promises to give you warning before that crash, so that you can take action before you're hit with disaster.
By Preston Gralla | 22 July, 2010 23:59
Not quite happy with the way Windows 7 works, or looking to get more out of the operating system? You've come to the right place. We're big fans of Microsoft's latest OS, but we're also big fans of making Windows better. In this article, we've rounded up the best Windows 7 downloads. They'll let you customize it in any way possible, give it features that Microsoft removed or neglected to include, and more. So get ready to download--you're about to take Windows 7 to a new level.
By Preston Gralla | 08 July, 2010 10:24
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
- Xiaomi faces challenge to reach sales goal, amid slowing smartphone growth
- Curtin Uni partners with industry for 'Internet of Everything' research
- After Uber ruling, pressure mounts on companies to reclassify contractors
- Xbox One, PS4 sales in China could be disappointing
- Wi-Fi password-sharing feature in Windows 10 raises security concerns
- In Japan, Uber dons white gloves to battle an elegant rival
- Telstra launches its telemedicine service
- Monitoring terrorists okay, targeted advertising not: Survey
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $US890 million
- iiNet to deliver cloud services to SA government agencies
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- NBN issues quarterly construction update
- Parrot MiniDrones are equipped to hover, race and float on water
- Watch as we follow Google's new self-driving car