Video Conferencing - News, Features, and Slideshows
The New South Wales Department of Police and Justice have been allocated $81.9 million over the next four years for videoconferencing and ICT upgrades in the NSW 2014-15 Budget.
By Hamish Barwick | 17 June, 2014 12:58
Demand for managed services is helping the unified communications (UC) market in Australia grow as organisations strive to avoid service and maintenance overheads while controlling UC hardware and applications, according to Frost & Sullivan.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 April, 2013 14:54
Junior newsreaders in New South Wales, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria will be broadcasting their sustainability stories via Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) video conferencing service and the National Broadband Network (NBN) today.
By Hamish Barwick | 26 March, 2013 12:03
Apple and Microsoft haven't signed up, and mobile and codec efforts remain in progress
By Paul Krill | 30 November, 2012 20:17
Monash University is upping its use of next generation, high definition video conferencing in an effort to foster greater collaboration between students, lecturers and researchers.
By Tim Lohman | 27 May, 2009 13:28
Whitepapers about Video Conferencing
Manufacturing is held back when designer, development, production and logistics teams are dispersed across continents, and face-to-face meetings are crucial to keep projects on path. This whitepaper details how video calling and conferencing is technology’s answer to better team communications, as well as lowering costs and increasing time to market.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This whitepaper focuses on relevant solutions with an extensive overview of features for comparison. • The paper discusses Application and Desktop Delivery in the mobile world • Details challenges of the consumerisation of IT and BYO in tomorrow’s workspace • Explains the different Mobile Managements concepts, including the pros and cons
- Twitter invests in MIT lab focused on online social movements
- 12 telecom providers violate TCP code
- St John Ambulance WA to deploy IP communications
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Wikileaks accuses intelligence watchdog of misleading Senate inquiry
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy
- In Pictures: Windows 10
- In Pictures: 10 creepy mobile apps that make spying easier
- In Pictures: McAfee’s most dangerous cyber celebrities of 2014
- White House sets 20% data center efficiency goal, but finds few takers