Video Conferencing - News, Features, and Slideshows
A video conferencing deployment by the New South Wales Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) in June 2014 has saved it thousands of dollars in transport allowances/accommodation as it no longer needs to send staff to headquarters in Lidcombe, Sydney for training.
By Hamish Barwick | 26 November, 2014 15:00
Lockyer Valley Regional Council (LVRC) in Queensland has cut wait times and improved customer service for ratepayers by using a live chat service on its website.
By Hamish Barwick | 06 November, 2014 12:07
The New South Wales Department of Police and Justice have been allocated $81.9 million over the next four years for videoconferencing and ICT upgrades in the NSW 2014-15 Budget.
By Hamish Barwick | 17 June, 2014 12:58
Demand for managed services is helping the unified communications (UC) market in Australia grow as organisations strive to avoid service and maintenance overheads while controlling UC hardware and applications, according to Frost & Sullivan.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 April, 2013 14:54
Monash University is upping its use of next generation, high definition video conferencing in an effort to foster greater collaboration between students, lecturers and researchers.
By Tim Lohman | 27 May, 2009 13:28
Whitepapers about Video Conferencing
Manufacturing is held back when designer, development, production and logistics teams are dispersed across continents, and face-to-face meetings are crucial to keep projects on path. This whitepaper details how video calling and conferencing is technology’s answer to better team communications, as well as lowering costs and increasing time to market.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
This IDC Vendor Spotlight examines how enterprises and service providers can tap on next-generation application delivery solutions to increase the availability of applications to end users.
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Apple's tech support thrashes competition, whether in-store or over the phone
- New iOS tools help Android developers -- and Google
- Ericcson touts 5G mobile speeds
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
- Google I/O 2015 in photos
- Intel works to end "lost" data center devices
- Microsoft throws open the doors for Cloud Foundry on Azure
- Don't blame free Windows 10 for PC business ills
- Google and Levi's team up on smart clothes
- Google bets that smart fabrics, gesture interfaces will replace fiddling on a tiny wearable touchscreen
- New NSA phone dragnet proposals blasted as flawed