Video Conferencing - News, Features, and Slideshows
A video conferencing deployment by the New South Wales Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) in June 2014 has saved it thousands of dollars in transport allowances/accommodation as it no longer needs to send staff to headquarters in Lidcombe, Sydney for training.
By Hamish Barwick | 26 November, 2014 15:00
Lockyer Valley Regional Council (LVRC) in Queensland has cut wait times and improved customer service for ratepayers by using a live chat service on its website.
By Hamish Barwick | 06 November, 2014 12:07
The New South Wales Department of Police and Justice have been allocated $81.9 million over the next four years for videoconferencing and ICT upgrades in the NSW 2014-15 Budget.
By Hamish Barwick | 17 June, 2014 12:58
Demand for managed services is helping the unified communications (UC) market in Australia grow as organisations strive to avoid service and maintenance overheads while controlling UC hardware and applications, according to Frost & Sullivan.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 April, 2013 14:54
Monash University is upping its use of next generation, high definition video conferencing in an effort to foster greater collaboration between students, lecturers and researchers.
By Tim Lohman | 27 May, 2009 13:28
Whitepapers about Video Conferencing
Manufacturing is held back when designer, development, production and logistics teams are dispersed across continents, and face-to-face meetings are crucial to keep projects on path. This whitepaper details how video calling and conferencing is technology’s answer to better team communications, as well as lowering costs and increasing time to market.
Incorporating path control in your WAN is a critical first step along the way to deploying a full SD-WAN solution. This whitepaper looks at how you can use dynamic tools to shortcut the complex configurations and expenditures of time and resources to ultimately efficiently utilise the hybrid links that may already be deployed in the network.
Security professionals need to know how to plug the security gap from Layers 3 to 7, and protect against multi-layer attacks, with a full proxy security architecture.
- Petition to remove Reddit CEO tops 200K signatures
- Gartner: No help for the PC biz from Windows 10
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
- EMC sells Syncplicity to focus on core storage business
- U.S. State Department moves to block 3D-printed gun plans online
- OwnCloud's new encryption framework gives enterprises more flexibility
- Law enforcement backdoors open corporate networks to criminals
- Former attorney general calls Snowden deal possible
- Ouster of Kubuntu founder leaves its future in doubt
- Mozilla to pick up Firefox release pace, ship version 'soon' for Windows 10
- BBC unveils final version of micro:bit coding device for kids
- Researchers find previously unknown exploits among Hacking Team's leaked files
- Cisco buys cloud-based contract administrator
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 7
- OpenSSL tells users to prepare for a high severity flaw